It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

How sexy is this team though? For home games against deep blocks I say bollocks to inverted full backs and just play a double pivot of experienced midfielders. Would have to defend with a back 4 in other games, but there’ll be plenty of matches where this is possible:

——————————Haaland———————————
Grealish————————————————Foden—
——————Bellingham———KDB————————
——————————————————————————
———————Rodri———Mac Allister——————
——Gvardiol/Ake——Dias———Stones————
——————————Ederson———————————

How sexy is this team though? For home games against deep blocks I say bollocks to inverted full backs and just play a double pivot of experienced midfielders. Would have to defend with a back 4 in other games, but there’ll be plenty of matches where this is possible:

Fucking WOW!

Think we'll do the inverted rb with rico or stones. That's why we have Kovacic as back up if Mac Allister gets too pricey (and I think he will be).

Why would that worry you? He literally says that was a joke.
Not that more if Mac Allister is the second midfielder we go for after jude then it might become a cucurella saga again which isn’t the way city want to go about business with any club

Gvardiol's performance vs us lot was a little concerning but imagine him against our rivals both domestically and in the Champions League?

Think we'll do the inverted rb with rico or stones. That's why we have Kovacic as back up if Mac Allister gets too pricey (and I think he will be).
Oh yeah, we’ll definitely do it often, but I’m talking specifically about certain home games where we’re trying to break down a deep wall of bodies. I can see this kind of team in those games tbh. And I agree, it’s more likely to be Kovacic than Mac Allister but we can dream.

Not that more if Mac Allister is the second midfielder we go for after jude then it might become a cucurella saga again which isn’t the way city want to go about business with any club
With hindsight Chelsea had obviously already been in touch and advised how much they were willing to pay, we just weren't going near it. Hardly a saga.

Edit: ignore any Brighton fans thoughts on it at the time.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but would we have offered more than the £35m quoted had we expected Cancelos form to dropped off like it did.

Ake never seemed like a bad buy, he just had a hell of a job on his hands displacing Dias, Stones and Laporte.

To be fair, Phillips is in the same position with Rodri in front of him. Ake had a fair few of, let's say, rash moments in his early days here too but has been fantastic this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.