It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but would we have offered more than the £35m quoted had we expected Cancelos form to dropped off like it did.
It was the way it was all handled mainly their mouthpiece, I’m glad we moved as he has shown to not be as good as was expected to be

You've got that energetic midfield so Rodri isn't working like a dog, beautiful team. Only downside is that you would only have Perrone and Philips on the bench to come on as subs
I agree, and tbh I was thinking about the lack of subs when I was typing it. I would definitely buy a winger just to free up using Foden in one of the 2 advanced midfield positions to negate that issue. Plus, this set up is only for those games where we can get away with only defending with a back 3. There’ll be a lot of games where we need the inverted full back (Rico or Stones) as we’d need a back 4 out of possession.

I can't see us spending £220m on central midfielders, which is what it'd cost to get Bellingham and Mac Allister.

I still think Frenkie De Jong is the best option alongside Bellingham because we can do a deal with Barcelona who supposedly want Laporte, Cancelo and Bernardo but don't have any money - a swap deal for one of our players would allow both clubs to get good fees on paper without actually spending that much.
De jong does not want to go to Manchester apparently.

The only reason why we are going for a 5th CB is because of a possible system change, it looks like we'll be playing a 3-5-2/3-2-2-3 which would require a 5th CB and Fullback
We can't keep 5 CH's happy this season and it's probably one of the reasons Laporte wants to leave.

We will have to wait and see what happens, but Pep said last week he wants a different type of player, so i personally think getting those will take priority.

His Dad said that as a joke and it's just been repeated since losing the context.

TH always says he was 90% done to join us before he went to Barca so it can't be that big an issue for him.

Has there actually been any links in the last few years?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.