It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Give him whatever he wants!
1394953084-tumblr_mdurzphiit1qkogoeo2_250.gif

Whats the point in signing gvardiol when we have ake?
Essentially the same player
So creates an extra body with no variation

Sign gvardiol and we fix the left side of our defence as defensive roles because we have gvardiol, ake, dias rotating 2 positions. None of them can do the lewis/stones style and none of them can fly up and down.

So left side sits and right side creates but never the reverse.

Feels a huge fee to actually limit our playing style options
Yep and Pep said in his press conference last week that he's looking for a different type of player, someone we haven't got in the squad currently.

How sexy is this team though? For home games against deep blocks I say bollocks to inverted full backs and just play a double pivot of experienced midfielders. Would have to defend with a back 4 in other games, but there’ll be plenty of matches where this is possible:

——————————Haaland———————————
Grealish————————————————Foden—
——————Bellingham———KDB————————
——————————————————————————
———————Rodri———Mac Allister——————
——Gvardiol/Ake——Dias———Stones————
——————————Ederson———————————
We have the players to play a similar team today, it doesn't cost a penny more and is arguably better!

............Ederson........
Stones....Dias....Ake
...............Rodri..........
Bernardo........Foden
..............KDB............
Alvarez........Grealish
...........Haaland.........

How sexy is this team though? For home games against deep blocks I say bollocks to inverted full backs and just play a double pivot of experienced midfielders. Would have to defend with a back 4 in other games, but there’ll be plenty of matches where this is possible:

I can't see us spending £220m on central midfielders, which is what it'd cost to get Bellingham and Mac Allister.

I still think Frenkie De Jong is the best option alongside Bellingham because we can do a deal with Barcelona who supposedly want Laporte, Cancelo and Bernardo but don't have any money - a swap deal for one of our players would allow both clubs to get good fees on paper without actually spending that much.

You've got that energetic midfield so Rodri isn't working like a dog, beautiful team. Only downside is that you would only have Perrone and Philips on the bench to come on as subs

We have the players to play a similar team today, it doesn't cost a penny more and is arguably better!

............Ederson........
Stones....Dias....Ake
...............Rodri..........
Bernardo........Foden
..............KDB............
Alvarez........Grealish
...........Haaland.........
In this team we'd only have bernardo helping Rodri whereas in the other team you'd have Mcallister and Bellingham

The only reason why we are going for a 5th CB is because of a possible system change, it looks like we'll be playing a 3-5-2/3-2-2-3 which would require a 5th CB and Fullback

I can't see us spending £220m on central midfielders, which is what it'd cost to get Bellingham and Mac Allister.

I still think Frenkie De Jong is the best option alongside Bellingham because we can do a deal with Barcelona who supposedly want Laporte, Cancelo and Bernardo but don't have any money - a swap deal for one of our players would allow both clubs to get good fees on paper without actually spending that much.
Tbh I can’t see us getting Mac Allister either but I was just imagining how we could look in certain types of home games if all went absolutely perfectly. But it seems unlikely we meet the asking price for Mac Allister. But sub in FDJ or Kovacic into that same system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.