It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Kinda surprised Real Madrid arent in for Cancelo.

Seeing them in preseason and seeing what their fans say, it seems RB is the main position they want strengthened.

I guess all their money must be going into Mbappe.

From a fans perspective we just want a winger. Pep and the club have set the bar very high. Lot of good players about but not many are chosen to play in blue unless they meet the standard required.

Attitude needs to be spot on.
Work ethic needs to be right.
Humble personality.
A drive to become a better player.
A sense of pride to pull on the shirt.
Playing with a tight group of world class players.

squad filling is one thing but pep will be very picky about the type of person he wants. You can see all of the above in Kovacic.

Players should be honoured to be selected to play with this world class group.We ain’t united were any **** with a slapable face will do-:)

Patience required. Laporte for gvardiol will in some quarters not be enough but if we keep the rest then I would expect another successful season.

Also excited to give the kids a chance. We reached the top of world football not so long ago. Yes we need to watch for complacency but what this team did is already immortalised. Next phrase of our development is about to begin. Expect a few hiccups.

€50m for Dembele is a steal. Would’ve been a welcome coincidence with Mahrez gone but late groundwork

From a fans perspective we just want a winger. Pep and the club have set the bar very high. Lot of good players about but not many are chosen to play in blue unless they meet the standard required.

Attitude needs to be spot on.
Work ethic needs to be right.
Humble personality.
A drive to become a better player.
A sense of pride to pull on the shirt.
Playing with a tight group of world class players.

squad filling is one thing but pep will be very picky about the type of person he wants. You can see all of the above in Kovacic.

Players should be honoured to be selected to play with this world class group.We ain’t united were any **** with a slapable face will do-:)

Patience required. Laporte for gvardiol will in some quarters not be enough but if we keep the rest then I would expect another successful season.

Also excited to give the kids a chance. We reached the top of world football not so long ago. Yes we need to watch for complacency but what this team did is already immortalised. Next phrase of our development is about to begin. Expect a few hiccups.
Palmer

Yes. All day long.

Despite scoring a goal, Mcatee has hardly been able to touch the ball through two preseason halves, and when he has it's been loose. He needs another year on loan at least. This is the best team in the world. The harsh reality is that he may never be good enough for City. In fact, it's more likely that he won't be than he will be.
I agree with that Palmer feels closer to being a first team player than McAtee, as it stands today. They are the same age, big talents that both could (and hopefully will) have a future in our team. And in a couple of months or in a year McAtee might have convinced me he is a better player than Palmer, but right now I dont think McAtee has shown enough to be ahead of Palmer in the pecking order. Its not like McAtee comes from a super successful loan spell in the Championship, even if he had a decent season. His team gained promotion and I'm sure he learned and improved a lot during the last year. But half of the games he didn't even get to start, on a team in the league below us. Palmer was also one of the best players in the England u21s that won the Euros, while McAtee unfortunately didn't make the team.

With that said, things can change fast in that age and my opinion is obviously only based from seeing them a small number of games, which means it could easily change once I've seen more from both of them.

Last edited:
I don’t think he is good enough and neither does pep or he would be starting.
That’s my view really.
That said, since his victorious summer he did seem to have been showing a bit more confidence and freedom on the ball in the Yokohama game.
McAtee has shown less, but I’ve watched him less, so I’ve come to less of a view on him.

I do wonder, accepting we are there or thereabouts as best team in the world, and aiming to stay there, that the harsh truth is that neither are likely to be of that standard. That’s where I think we are with both of them, but very happy to be proved wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.