It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Mahrez needs replacing. In an ideal world, Palmer and McAtee would be good enough to step in but I haven't seen anything close to suggest they'll make up Riyad's productivity. It's not a slight against our youth, just a reflection of how good we are as a team. The reality is, unless they are a literal special breed (see Foden), they aren't going to make it with us.

And getting Phil or Bernardo to cement that RW spot just leaves us further short in midfield.

Given the war chest we supposedly sit on, we can't be a Gvardiol away from being done in the market. Surely.
If we end up just signing kovacic and it’s looking increasingly likely then it will go down as a bad transfer window .

I’m amazed we haven’t pushed on in this window. Gundy & Mahrez out which I’m ok with but we have not strengthened & after winning champs league I’m slightly shocked at least 3 players have not come in.

More players may come but it seems to be pretty not well planned currently.

A bit early to panic yet, but are Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon reigning in the spending and taking the money now City have (finally) won the CL and done the treble?

A bit early to panic yet, but are Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon reigning in the spending and taking the money now City have (finally) won the CL and done the treble?
We haven’t been spending profligately for years have we?

Why would they do that rather than try to win it again?

We haven’t been spending profligately for years have we?
No we haven't. But we've spent above net consistently over the years despite not being profligate. Thus far this window, we are +~£30mil and seemingly no closer to landing Gvardiol. We're yet to spend a penny when we should have wriggle room to attack the market aggressively. If the window stays as it is, it's concerning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.