It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Looks like a huge summer
I’d be looking to move Phillips on
If we are looking at a couple of midfielders like Bellingham and mcallister then it’s clear he ain’t getting back in
Let Bernardo, cancelo and Laporte leave
Let gundo do what he wants
Get gvardiol in
Harwood bellis new contract and back on loan to Burnley
Mcatee and Doyle hopefully on loan to a premier league club if sheff Utd go up (maybe Burnley) or sell with buy backs
Would love Doyle to make it with us one day (very unlikely)
Let’s spend £300m and piss everyone off
We should be getting £200m back minimum in sales

West Ham asked for him on loan in Jan but, unless they stay up or keep Moyes, that option will be lost.

I think Pep was shocked at how lack of switched on he was in our Cup defeat to Southampton?

We don't know how badly the injuries have set him back, both mentally and physically.

I refuse to believe, however, that an England international, is not good enough to be utilised as a squad back-up in any case.

I'm a sucker for decent people and Phillips looks of good stock. If he asked to leave and Pep/City were open to it, than that's a different matter.

Perhaps Leeds or Newcastle would be more attractive than West Ham right now.
Sometimes moves just don’t work out. Philips seems a decent sort and has had rotten luck with injuries which must have a negative impact. With Bellingham hopefully coming in his midfield opportunities will further diminish.

If he asks to leave I would let him otherwise give him until next season to see if he can find his way back into the team.

Sometimes moves just don’t work out. Philips seems a decent sort and has had rotten luck with injuries which must have a negative impact. With Bellingham hopefully coming in his midfield opportunities will further diminish.

If he asks to leave I would let him otherwise give him until next season to see if he can find his way back into the team.

It's probably the hardest position to play for us and through injuries he's missed the opportunity to try and learn the role early in the season. We're now at the point where every game is vital and we can't afford passengers and unfortunately he is very much a passenger. It would be okay if he was busting a gut to get a tackle in or defend a situation but he just seems lethargic and lazy on the pitch, which compared with his lack of awareness in the role makes for a disastrous combination. His only contribution against Leipzig was to give the ball away leading to Akanji making a late tackle and getting booked. Bookings can be costly in the CL and it was completely unnecessary.

Bernardo had to motion him to move forwards a couple of times. He seems to think just sitting in the defensive position is all we need from him. He clearly hasn't been watching Rodri to see how he is always moving to be in a position to receive the ball. It might be that he can turn things around, he's an international who made a name for his physical intensity and distribution. But it doesn't look like he backs himself to succeed here. I don't think we'll lose much money on him if he does go, but hopefully he can do a job for us when needed. If it's late on in a CL knockout and we need someone to see the game out, I don't have the confidence in him to do that job sadly, when I thought he could be the perfect man in those situations.

Gavi for Silva swap
Phillips & Cash for Bruno G.

The rumour mill is in full effect, who makes up this stuff

I'd love Gavi, he's technically brilliant a work horse as well, but he's an absolute dickhead on the pitch. He's wound up that madrid team so much that today there's info coming out that the Madrid players want the Barcelona staff to have a word with him about is attitude.

Real Madrid players have sent messages to Barça heavyweights asking them to speak to Gavi about his behaviour. [Más que Pelotas]

The big problem is he's already 27. If he's like Aké and really comes good in his third season, he'll be pushing 30 before we get a return.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.