It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Mahrez and Gundogan had a combined goal involvement of over 40 goals last season. Even if you think Haaland only needs to pick up a quarter of that it would mean he would be looking at 70 goals/assists this season.

As things stand right now we are weaker.
So assuming we go with what we have today you're predicting we'll be 70 goals less than last season. Unless we are playing with 9 and not replacing Gundogan and Mahrez in the team that's obviously not going to happen. As we have no idea of Peps plans, not quite who will play where it's impossible to say whether our goals scored will be up or down on last seaosn.

There are always new solutions. We said the same thing about losing depth and goal contributions in Sterling and Jesus. And we fared fine without either. Trust Pep and whatever we need I believe we’ll get to make sure we’re ready.

People tend to ignore Gundogan and Mahrez at nearly 33 were due replacing if not now then next summer. So we were going to lose the goals they offered one way or another, we just have to find newer solutions and we have just the right bald man for the job : )

Pre season we have looked ok but not great & we are certainly short of 1st team players. To win the treble let a few key players go & not replace seems insane.

We must have a surprise or 2 before start of the season as our squad with pep is still not strong enough for this season in my opinion. I just don’t see our fringe players good enough.

Fingers crossed 2 class players are inbound because we can’t let too many points slip at the start as this will encourage the pack

Targets kinda drying up.. I dont think Raph will be let go now that Dembele moves, I actually dont think there will come a right winger until next season, no obvious ones out there, and the young ones needs another year really to show the level (looking at you Nico Williams).

Kinda like Sterling was replaced a season early.. and Aguero a, 2 season late. They dont always do these things in perfect sync, and it's by design.

If Bernardo would have left it would have been much more noises by now, but I think Kyle can still leave and then I think City will look to replace him at least. #Pav
Bernardo will sign on higher wages but same length I predict, its a weird one if that happens though.

edit: Ive already counted on Gvardiol in in this..

Last edited:
So assuming we go with what we have today you're predicting we'll be 70 goals less than last season. Unless we are playing with 9 and not replacing Gundogan and Mahrez in the team that's obviously not going to happen. As we have no idea of Peps plans, not quite who will play where it's impossible to say whether our goals scored will be up or down on last seaosn.
No I suggest you read what I put again.

Last season Haaland's goal involvement was around 60 goals. If we did not replace them and assumed the 40 goal involvements of Mahrez/Gundogan were taken up between Foden/Alvarez/Haaland but we only pushed 10 towards Erling that would mean he would be around 70 goals/assists which is ridiculous.

It's a team game and we need plenty of rotation to keep the team fresh which has worked for years. Signing creative/goalscoring midfielders are a must to continue this. Therefore as of right now we are weaker.

No I suggest you read what I put again.

Last season Haaland's goal involvement was around 60 goals. If we did not replace them and assumed the 40 goal involvements of Mahrez/Gundogan were taken up between Foden/Alvarez/Haaland but we only pushed 10 towards Erling that would mean he would be around 70 goals/assists which is ridiculous.

It's a team game and we need plenty of rotation to keep the team fresh which has worked for years. Signing creative/goalscoring midfielders are a must to continue this. Therefore as of right now we are weaker.
Well that's assumed 0 goals or assists for Kovacic, again not knowing how Pep will use him that's astill highly unlikely. It's also unlikely we won't bring in someone to replace Mahrez. It also assumes we can't get a few more assists/ goals from Grealish ,as he had many more goal involvements in the first half of the season than the first ,again he should have more over this season.
I'll throw another maybe in the mix, with Stones now in his CB / Mid hybrid that only started last third of last season will Rodri / Stones have more goals ?
So saying we are weaker is just as much a guess as any of my guesses in this post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.