It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Personally, I would be very happy to go into this season with Bobb, McAtee, Palmer and Gomez becoming our attacking midfield backup. Given regular appearances, I am convinced that we have some real talent among them. One starting most games, at least one subbed on, at least two starting cup matches. This excites me far more than a new buy.

As for Gvardiol, he's an immense talent and anyone would welcome him here. I would want Cancelo to go as I don't think he is suited to the defensive rock that we created last season, and that is needed for our attacking players to thrive.

the moving of goalposts this summer has been remarkable. I remember we started out suggesting kovacic will not be gundo's replacement. Now we are talking about losing gundo & mahrez and replacing them with just kovacic, but somehow if we keep bernardo (without signing a new deal meaning we'll likely lose him on a free eventually) then that's fine?

actually, where we started is hoping to ADD members to a thin squad in the form of a bellingham.. Now no one is even hoping that next year's squad will be bigger than last year's.

Personally, I would be very happy to go into this season with Bobb, McAtee, Palmer and Gomez becoming our attacking midfield backup. Given regular appearances, I am convinced that we have some real talent among them. One starting most games, at least one subbed on, at least two starting cup matches. This excites me far more than a new buy.

I couldn’t disagree more.

My opinion is that none of those four are anywhere near good enough and we are very light on quality attacking midfielders.

We desperately need to sign proven, international class players especially with so many games. Without that we’ll be over reliant on a handful of regulars with the risk of injuries from overplaying. We don’t want to be facing tricky away cup ties relying on Bobb and McAtee or we will either lose or have to bring on the likes of Kev and Haaland to turn it around when really they need a rest.

Thing is, coming close to what we achieved last season but with a big group of homegrown kids would, for me, be the ultimate.

I know some aren't particularly arsed about the academy but it's always been something about the club I've taken pride in. We've produced some quality players over the last few decades. Those players on the preseason tour are here for a reason.

But a lot of goals have gone out the door this summer with Riyad and Gundo leaving. That's my main concern.

the moving of goalposts this summer has been remarkable. I remember we started out suggesting kovacic will not be gundo's replacement. Now we are talking about losing gundo & mahrez and replacing them with just kovacic, but somehow if we keep bernardo (without signing a new deal meaning we'll likely lose him on a free eventually) then that's fine?
Moving of goalposts by who? Not the club. Twitter posters then maybe.

I couldn’t disagree more.

My opinion is that none of those four are anywhere near good enough and we are very light on quality attacking midfielders.

We desperately need to sign proven, international class players especially with so many games. Without that we’ll be over reliant on a handful of regulars with the risk of injuries from overplaying. We don’t want to be facing tricky away cup ties relying on Bobb and McAtee or we will either lose or have to bring on the likes of Kev and Haaland to turn it around when really they need a rest.
Funny isn't it, that we couldn't disagree more with each other. Personally, I think the time has come that we introduce more of our academy players. Emotionally, there is something magical about academy players breaking through, but they are also extremely talented, and I think they will show it given the chance. You pre-suppose that playing these players will be mean a loss, assuming that they will, effectively, fail. I assume that they will be successful. Time will tell us.

Thing is, coming close to what we achieved last season but with a big group of homegrown kids would, for me, be the ultimate.

I know some aren't particularly arsed about the academy but it's always been something about the club I've taken pride in. We've produced some quality players over the last few decades. Those players on the preseason tour are here for a reason.

But a lot of goals have gone out the door this summer with Riyad and Gundo leaving. That's my main concern.
Assuming those goals are not replaced by others. We are on the same page though.

Moving of goalposts by who? Not the club. Twitter posters then maybe.

It's all the fans expectation of that said goalpost, the truth is we the fans doesn't know what the club goalpost and expectation for next season.

If the management think that these current player plus Gvardiol is enough for next season campaign then they will procced with it regardless what the fans think about it.

It's all the fans expectation of that said goalpost, the truth is we the fans doesn't know what the club goalpost and expectation for next season.

If the management think that these current player plus Gvardiol is enough for next season campaign then they will procced with it regardless what the fans think about it.

This won't go down well with the needy on here :)

Honestly, looking at the available options in the transfer market, I am more inclined to go with what we have + Gvardiol. I would be happy enough with it. Obviously, in the ideal world, it would be nice to replace Mahrez with a world-class RW, but I am not seeing anyone linked to us as good enough. I would rather wait a year and buy someone genuinely world-class next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.