It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

So you still not going to give our medical team even just a little bit of credit then?

Good to know.
I said it's arguable they're the best in my first reply to you, and just now said our medical team is one of the best.

Are you the head of the medical team, because if so, I'm concerned about your neediness ;)

If we say last season is entirely down to the medical team being the best, then what were they doing the other seasons?

I think its safe to say anyone (Sam Lee) who writes that its even a possibility City could let Gundogan, Mahrez, Walker, Laporte and Cancelo leave and only replace them with Gvardiol and Kovacic, is either trying to wind City fans up and/or have no clue about whats going on. No chance that could happen, ridiculous to even suggest it. Would be the worst transfer business this club have seen in almost two decades. Nothing suggests our management have suddenly lost their minds, the results indicate the exact opposite.
Wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

We tend to identify targets and if those pursuits don't come off, we don't bother to sign anyone else.

I think its safe to say anyone (Sam Lee) who writes that its even a possibility City could let Gundogan, Mahrez, Walker, Laporte and Cancelo leave and only replace them with Gvardiol and Kovacic, is either trying to wind City fans up and/or have no clue about whats going on. No chance that could happen, ridiculous to even suggest it. Would be the worst transfer business this club have seen in almost two decades. Nothing suggests our management have suddenly lost their minds, the results indicate the exact opposite.
I can't help feeling you've read what you want to read in that purely because it's Sam Lee.

I'm sure I remember some of our resident "oracles" stating Kovacic was going to be a squad addition rather than a Gundo replacement. Did I just imagine that? Have the club scaled back their targets? Or is possible so many with these sources are talking bullshit.
Or is it possible that the fucking window is still fucking open for another fucking month?

That Sam Lee report is all over the place. City want Olise, City want to use Bernardo and Foden on the wings, Rico is a right back option, Rico is an option for the midfield. Covers a whole lot of options and doesn't seem certain on any of them If you ask me.

The only winger that will be real upgrade and not just what might have been potentiallly world class is Mbappe.

And Mbappe will never join our club for any circumstances.

So yeah real dire the market for trully world class winger that a clear upgrade for our squad out there.
Going by this logic, we're never signing anyone again for the foreseeable future.

Sam Lee usually got a somewhat clue on what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly what they are gonna do... It makes the squad a tad bit weaker BUT if they cannot find the ideal targets then they wont more i suppose.

Thing is, coming close to what we achieved last season but with a big group of homegrown kids would, for me, be the ultimate.

I know some aren't particularly arsed about the academy but it's always been something about the club I've taken pride in. We've produced some quality players over the last few decades. Those players on the preseason tour are here for a reason.

But a lot of goals have gone out the door this summer with Riyad and Gundo leaving. That's my main concern.
I do see your point regarding goals. I think Grealish should have better numbers, he still seems to want to pass rather than shoot and he hasn't got the arrival at the back post yet either.

Gundo just seemed to be in the right place which is a special skill to have, hopefully someone can step into those shoes, I don't think it will be Kovacic for starters in terms of goals

Mahrez was frustrating for me last season, his stats masked his performances, he had a knack of playing poorly but popping up with a goal \ assist which again is a very nice skill to have. Still one of the best footballers i've watched on the ball, first touch was incredible. He always seemed a bit too chilled out, maybe just his default body language but I think there was an even better player in there. I'll miss having a moan at him in the match day thread for him to score within 5 mins

we all have to remember than KDB had a decent season despite carrying an injury for god knows how long, he says 2 months but there were plenty of comments on here that he fell away in the 2nd half of the season and it seems we know why

I think there is a big onus on Bernardo and Foden this season, interesting to see which way Pep sets it up. I like Foden on the right wing, it works well with Jack on the left but I also want him going through the middle, can see him and Bernie swapping during games this season. Foden also needs to convert more of the chances he gets, think how many times he did the skill to get the chance but then hits the keeper or pulls it wide.

I'd love us to bring more academy lads through but we and especially Pep wouldn't get away with it, every draw or loss would be a crisis. I'm expecting Palmer to go out on loan but I'd like to see how he goes now he is over his injury, don't think we realised how bad it affected him mentally but signs he is ready to go this season

Rico is gonna play midfield more regularly than Foden and Foden has been in the squad for 6-7 years now. That’s as sad as it is hilarious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.