It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Not panicking at all but I agree with this. From the outside looking in there doesn't seem to be much of a strategy or rush to improve the team. The last minute bid for Rice was bizarre.

I think thats a fair assessment to be honest, time to sort it but it does seem to be a little disjointed.

He's also played five years in the PL and struggled to make any consistent mark at Chelsea after being deemed not good enough for Madrid. I'm not saying he's a lousy player but IMO it's a disserve to compare him to a City and PL legend in Gundogan.
Don't talk rubbish so why was most chelsea fans gutted they he had come to us and pep who's the important one wanted him.

Not panicking at all but I agree with this. From the outside looking in there doesn't seem to be much of a strategy or rush to improve the team. The last minute bid for Rice was bizarre.

Yeah it’s not panicking to say you don’t understand. It’s always fine as we have Pep but I didn’t get the last minute Rice thing either.

My guess is we were expecting to get Bellingham and we were also blind sided by Saudi Arabia. As a result our plans went out of the window. Not City’s fault but it is their job to re-evaluate.

Worst thing is to panic and buy players that don’t fit in. There’s a month left so we will see.

I don’t think it’s as simple as just getting numbers in. Both Alvarez and Foden need more minutes next season and that has to be taken into account with incomings.

Let’s say we go out and buy a winger who is genuinely better than Mahrez. That’s an £80+ million investment and that player would need more guaranteed playing time than Mahrez got last season. This would then leave Foden and Alvarez in the position of limited minutes again.

Then there’s the problem of signing overvalued squad players when we’ve got a talented academy. Buying Olise for £50 million and selling Palmer has all the hallmarks of another Lavia/Philips scenario.

IMO, the reason why Gvardiol and Kovacic have been sought after is due to their skill set and versatility. Sadly, this means we are looking at a small pool of players who will make a difference to us.

I still think we need a creative midfielder/winger and missed the perfect player in James Maddison.

So Doku is the next player people on this thread will get in a frenzy about and will then lose their minds when we don't sign him by next week?

Just a quick point, this transfer board has been an absolute shit show this summer with new posters (though not always) making it an annoying and unpleasant place to be.
All I'm saying is he better come in a private plane and it better be LIVE on Youtube.

So Doku is the next player people on this thread will get in a frenzy about and will then lose their minds when we don't sign him by next week?
He, or whomever, needs to be signed by September 1st, not next week. I have patience. And I like Doku

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.