It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Put it in the doku thread but it's the same guy that broke the Sergio Gomez interest

Pretty much every survey suggests a good proportion of British people (usually around 20-30%) have a negative opinion of Muslims, so I think it's probably fair.
Disagree completely.

Firstly he was talking about a Muslim of North African descent specifically. Not German, Turkish, French, Central African Muslims all who have played for the club without, as far as I know, even a murmur.

Secondly, even if I accept the 70/80% number, that is many? Not the vast majority?

Then there is the question of any actual evidence to support the idea, let's say on here, for example, or at matches. Or are you suggesting that 20-30% of any population sub-group in Britain has a negative opinion of Muslims. Because if you are, you are suggesting 20/30% of British Muslims also have a negative opinion of Muslims. Sounds stupid? Yes, because his comment was stupid. And completely unfounded.

So Doku is the next player people on this thread will get in a frenzy about and will then lose their minds when we don't sign him by next week?

Just a quick point, this transfer board has been an absolute shit show this summer with new posters (though not always) making it an annoying and unpleasant place to be.

Disagree completely.

Firstly he was talking about a Muslim of North African descent specifically. Not German, Turkish, French, Central African Muslims all who have played for the club without, as far as I know, even a murmur.

Secondly, even if I accept the 70/80% number, that is many? Not the vast majority?

Then there is the question of any actual evidence to support the idea, let's say on here, for example, or at matches. Or are you suggesting that 20-30% of any population sub-group in Britain has a negative opinion of Muslims. Because if you are, you are suggesting 20/30% of British Muslims also have a negative opinion of Muslims. Sounds stupid? Yes, because his comment was stupid. And completely unfounded.
Yes - 70-80% is many.

That last paragraph is a bullshit interpretation of statistics, and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Do you really think Man City fans are uniquely anti-racist, and won't reflect the overall population?

Put it in the doku thread but it's the same guy that broke the Sergio Gomez interest

I never understood this negotiation lark. Why do they take this long?
Talks are on and have intensified, but there is no offer yet.
You call up, you want to come play for us for this much, and this is our vision for you, response is: yes, no, give me more, let me think about it. Once you get a yes, you call up the club and ask will you sell us so and so for this much paid this way, and similar responses should be expected.
I know clubs look for replacements and what not, but those phone calls can't be more than 5 minutes. I can't imagine people sitting in rooms for hours disagreeing with each other back and forth until they decide to meet the next day to repeat.
Talks are ongoing/intensifying my arse

I never understood this negotiation lark. Why do they take this long?
Talks are on and have intensified, but there is no offer yet.
You call up, you want to come play for us for this much, and this is our vision for you, response is: yes, no, give me more, let me think about it. Once you get a yes, you call up the club and ask will you sell us so and so for this much paid this way, and similar responses should be expected.
I know clubs look for replacements and what not, but those phone calls can't be more than 5 minutes. I can't imagine people sitting in rooms for hours disagreeing with each other back and forth until they decide to meet the next day to repeat.
Talks are ongoing/intensifying my arse
I would love to be a fly on the wall with regards to City negotiating a transfer. Intriguing to see the full process

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.