It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

He's played two pre season games
He's also played five years in the PL and struggled to make any consistent mark at Chelsea after being deemed not good enough for Madrid. I'm not saying he's a lousy player but IMO it's a disserve to compare him to a City and PL legend in Gundogan.

What isn’t hilarious is how you talk about a player who has contributed the way he has to us
Haha no you misunderstood the point.

I'm making fun of the people who used to think he and Rodri were shit.

Very little had faith in them back then.. just like very little have faith now in our younger players.

People are so fickle with their evaluations so relax!

Haha no you misunderstood the point.

I'm making fun of the people who used to think he and Rodri were shit.

Very little had faith in them back then.. just like very little have faith now in our younger players.

People are so fickle with their evaluations so relax!

Gus never understands sarcasm.

Not panicking at all but I agree with this. From the outside looking in there doesn't seem to be much of a strategy or rush to improve the team. The last minute bid for Rice was bizarre.

If you've ever taken the time to read any of my posts you would never be asking me if I'm "one of these" that likes shiny new things. I won't lie. The moment I read that I couldn't take anything else you had to say into account. If you believe we're OK as is in terms of our objectives fair play to you. I don't think we have the requisite depth at the moment. That's not a radical position, by the way. If, for example, Grealish and KDB were to each go down for a month during a period with CL games where do we go? You'd have Foden, Haaland, Bernardo, Kovacic, and Alvarez. No depth and very limited flexibility in terms of how Pep could line them up being that Alvarez is not a proven wide man.

That said, I've stated all along there's no reason to be worried as I fully expect the club to make moves to MAINTAIN, the level, not upgrade, in the face of losing Gundo and Mahrez. Losing two important players of their level and experience and backfilling them with Palmer, McAtee, and Bobb would not qualify as maintaining our level. As far as Kovacic, IMO he's the quality depth player we actually should have had in place prior to this season as we were extremely fortunate that Bernardo, Gundo, Rodri, and KDB (mostly) enjoyed injury free seasons.

The reality is that we'll never have to worry about the concerns of those panicking because City will make the moves needed to succeed so those of you saying we are good enough now, as is, won't ever thankfully have to be pulled up on it. So basically the Flappers won't need to worry and the Happy Clappers can go blissfully on their way ignorant to the reality that many of them have no idea what they're talking about.

In summary. Do I support and believe in the club to do what's necessary? 100%. Do I think we're good enough for a run at another historic season as we are now? Absolutely not. Am I worried? Not even a little bit. I hope that helps..
Totally unreasonable removed, my apologies

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.