It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The big problem for Philips and the old 12 months getting used to Pep is that he's barely played in that time. So not sure the usuals apply. Having said that though we seem to persist with players and I don't expect him to leave unless we get more or less what we paid for him.
Not everyone in the squad can play, he’s a kind of break for use in emergencies squad player right now. I’ve not heard him moan once about game time though and he always has a smile on his face

Exactly. I am surprised the Gavi thread is not getting more attention under these circumstances. Gavi is like Vinicius or Davies, so I am sure he wouldn't want to leave his club, BUT he might have no choice, and we can sweeten the deal with one of the Gundo/Laporte/Bernardo if they want out. He is genuinely a generational talent, so we should be all over this.
Not sure if he really is

This is very true. It’s easy to point to Lavia as a missed opportunity vs Phillips etc (not even taking into account, the fact he wanted to leave). Lavia is playing for a club who look destined for the drop, so his mistakes aren’t highlighted, because it’s par for the course at Southampton. Whereas the opposite is true for Phillips, the spotlight is on him immediately! ..Phillips has disappointed in his (albeit) limited minutes so far, but I’m happy to give him time. He’s adjusting, he’s adapting to a new club and he’s also coming on to rest the best player in his position, in world football; so it’s not an easy task to appease.
With us only playing Rodri as CDM there's no where else he can play to get game time, so it's difficult to sign someone who is good enough to be his back up & Pep can trust but also willing to sit on the bench. Pep didn't think Lavia was that player last season otherwise he'd have played more games.

Not sure if he really is
We will see if he lives up to his seemingly enormous potential. However, in his position, I wouldn't take anyone else from younger options, so he's as good as it gets for me. Looking at other creative options around a similar age, I also rate Wirtz a lot, but I still prefer Gavi.

Yep, he can sit tight and hope Barca sort their shit out within a year.

There could be all sorts of things he could do and for all sorts of reasons, who knows what goes on in someone else’s bonce.
My point was more that a release clause doesn’t mean nish unless the player wants the move. Not saying he won’t of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.