It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I don't see how we need him as well. Kovacic can cover Rodri's role much better, and so can Johnny and even Rico. Kalvin is a really likable guy, but he can't stick around for another 4 years just because he is nice. I would love to replace him with a creative midfielder, but he just refuses to go.

100%

He needs to get a grasp on reality.

I don't see how we need him as well. Kovacic can cover Rodri's role much better, and so can Johnny and even Rico. Kalvin is a really likable guy, but he can't stick around for another 4 years just because he is nice. I would love to replace him with a creative midfielder, but he just refuses to go.
How do you know he’s refused to go. We signed him on , I think, a six year deal. Why would he not back himself after just the first season, and why would he perhaps take a less lucrative shorter contract elsewhere? Would you? He could be replaced perhaps with someone “better” someone who would disrupt and agitate if not getting game time.. all these moving parts have to be balanced. If the management don’t rate him they will move him on but only when the right replacement is available etc.

I hope this means he’s leaning to renewing, rather than it being that he’s staying but still won’t sign a new deal.

If he signed a new contract then what a deal that would be, one of the best bits of business all Summer.

Bernardo deserves a statue, goddamn, what a gentleman. Wants to go away but still stays when asked. Cancelo should learn thing or two.

How do you know he’s refused to go. We signed him on , I think, a six year deal. Why would he not back himself after just the first season, and why would he perhaps take a less lucrative shorter contract elsewhere? Would you? He could be replaced perhaps with someone “better” someone who would disrupt and agitate if not getting game time.. all these moving parts have to be balanced. If the management don’t rate him they will move him on but only when the right replacement is available etc.
We were willing to listen to offers for him, per media reports. If I were Kalvin, I would move elsewhere, thinking about the bigger picture, the rest of my career. If he gets as much playing time as last year, that would be effectively 2 years for him without properly playing football competitively. I agree about the rest, though, and I trust our management knows best, so he will get my support if he ends up staying.

Getting tired reading Phillips on this thread and constant hate boner against him, the only way Phillips will move if Pep personally tell him that he doesn't need him on his team.

No need this cuntish speculation where Pep need to constantly benching him just to force him way out.

Pep is not a **** unlike some people on internet. Pep may not rate Philips skills highly hence getting benched but atleast he might respect Philips desire to fight for his place just like he does with Zinchenko back then.

Yes

I'm thinking Cancelo.Laporte,Doyle,THB and maybe Palmer and McAtee.

Hoping Philips....
Jesus THB hasn’t been sold yet?
Such a young quality defender surely we aren’t pricing him too high he’s a solid £15-20 m player.

Kalvin was a really nice guy until the cameras caught him on the the pitch straight after the game laughing and joking with Ben White ….

He’s gone for that alone !!

In fairness he’s had one season and most of that he was injured. He might not be the right level but frankly he hasn’t really had the time to prove it. Couple that with the fact Pep signings tend to take a season I’d say some are writing him off prematurely.

He won’t displace Rodri, very few around the world would but what if there’s an injury? He could prove to be a more than able deputy. Glad he’s sticking around to fight for his place

Ake was close to leaving last summer because he’d not be getting anywhere near the team and look how that went.

I might be eating my words come May but I’m all for giving him another season

Sander Berge going to Burnley. Surely Sheffield come back in for Doyle now? Money burning a hole in their pockets, crying out for some new signings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.