It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think we can only add if at least 1 of Laporte and Cancelo leave, or somebody else.

We can obviously add before they leave. But one, both or someone else would have to leave before the 1st of September.

Cancelo almost certain, Perrone likely. Even with Laporte staying, that leaves us with a squad of 19 senior players out of 21. Which is smaller than last year, or any year yet.

But I dare guess neither of us expects that to be the case by the end of the window. It is almost the exact same exchange you and I had last summer, before Akanji signed.

Last edited:
But you can argue we're weaker in an attacking sense
maybe, though Mahrez had gone before the end of the season, more games for Foden and possibly Palmer. Gundogan one is the conundrum, can Kovacic with his direct running compensate. Might create more for others. Had Foden not had the injury or appendicitis I'm sure he would have scored near 20 goals, I think he had 8 league goals before the World Cup

Not the Mahrez of the last 2 mths of the season
Also nobody had heard of mahrez before he came and tore it up at leicester and mcatee had a really good season at sheffield united so its hard to say what he will or wont do with players of our quality.

I doubt it. We will never know but I would be very surprised if we really didn't know of Gundo's intention to leave.

City might already know his intention for leaving regardless whether we win CL or not, his one year left and running down his contract last season is already indication that he will be more likely to go than staying.

Ironically when we win CL his chance of staying will be near zero when it's already low to begin with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.