It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

As long as it is the right player at the right price. We don't buy just for the sake of it.

agreed mate but there is options out there and as Pep stated we also have to pay at times £10-15m more but that player may make the difference and if the sales keep going the way they are it should be possible?

Disappointing, unambitious, complacent and shit if true.
I refuse to believe City plan on going into the season as is. They know and Pep knows the squad as is has next to zero chance of repeating last season's level of success. If by chance they do stand pat I would then have to believe there is some hidden agenda on behalf of the club outside of putting together the absolute best squad they could assemble. Why or what that would be I haven't a clue but we'd be taking a step back consciously and intentionally full stop.

Having said that until the window closes I'll continue to be convinced City will make the 2 moves needed to keep us at the very top.

None of them are at the level to perform consistently yet and at a high enough level......regardless of Palmers goal the other day he is not consistent enough at present and showed that last year...he could be but he needs a loan out to see if he can be.....if he wont do that then it could be time to sell him.....he is not at the level of Foden when he first appeared to warrant those starts and continuous sub appearances....

McAtee is someone i really love the look of - but again he needs time and he needs more experience...again another loan or a season coming off the bench and CC appearances when fixtures are appropriate.

Bobb - no idea.....but clearly he is newish around the first team and though his performances in the reserves show he is at a very good level it has been seen time and time again that the next step is the hardest and he needs time - he cant be thrown in and wont be unless ready

In short - none are ready and may never be ready.....those that are deemed good enough to arrant staying with the first team squad will be left there and those that arent will be loaned out or sold - there can be no romanticism around youth players coming in - they are either good enough or not....stats say only a few will make it and many will end up at lower league clubs or mid table prem clubs....For every Foden there are 100's of those that dont/wont make it to the first team despite being on the cusp and that includes in city's academy - look at Carlos Borges....not even given a chance to play in the first team regularly.....sold off to Ajax (where he can gain first team football and with a decent buy back clause just in case)

People are pushing Palmer big time - I can see his quality - but does he have the personality, killer instinct etc to grasp this.......Im not sure at present he does.....he is too languid for starters
Excellent post. When you mention does Palmer have the "personality?" I assume that includes humbleness and self discipline?

Many young athletes with incredible talent end up being mediocre or worse professionals because once they turn professional at the highest level they think they've "made it," and don't need to keep working. Whereas, an athlete with maybe less natural ability but who "gets it" that the hard work is still ongoing outclasses the more talented player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.