It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

This Summer? There’s always a chance.

It took a year to find the right man at the right price to replace Kompany.
It took a year to find the right man at the right price to replace Agüero.

There’s a chance it might take a year until we find the right men at the right price to play on the wing and attacking mid, whether they be with the thought of being immediate starters or squad players.
Not. A. Prayer.

I‘ll have you a virtual bet, lol.

We could have central creativity in Bobb and McAtee and a wideman with Palmer.
None of them are at the level to perform consistently yet and at a high enough level......regardless of Palmers goal the other day he is not consistent enough at present and showed that last year...he could be but he needs a loan out to see if he can be.....if he wont do that then it could be time to sell him.....he is not at the level of Foden when he first appeared to warrant those starts and continuous sub appearances....

McAtee is someone i really love the look of - but again he needs time and he needs more experience...again another loan or a season coming off the bench and CC appearances when fixtures are appropriate.

Bobb - no idea.....but clearly he is newish around the first team and though his performances in the reserves show he is at a very good level it has been seen time and time again that the next step is the hardest and he needs time - he cant be thrown in and wont be unless ready

In short - none are ready and may never be ready.....those that are deemed good enough to arrant staying with the first team squad will be left there and those that arent will be loaned out or sold - there can be no romanticism around youth players coming in - they are either good enough or not....stats say only a few will make it and many will end up at lower league clubs or mid table prem clubs....For every Foden there are 100's of those that dont/wont make it to the first team despite being on the cusp and that includes in city's academy - look at Carlos Borges....not even given a chance to play in the first team regularly.....sold off to Ajax (where he can gain first team football and with a decent buy back clause just in case)

People are pushing Palmer big time - I can see his quality - but does he have the personality, killer instinct etc to grasp this.......Im not sure at present he does.....he is too languid for starters

There it is.

If he chooses t go there at his stage in his career I can see why we wanted another centre half...no way should a player of his calibre,quality with plenty of years left at the top level be going there.....

I can see why he would want out of us...no problem with that...but going to that league raises questions of motivation.

If he chooses t go there at his stage in his career I can see why we wanted another centre half...no way should a player of his calibre,quality with plenty of years left at the top level be going there.....

I can see why he would want out of us...no problem with that...but going to that league raises questions of motivation.
Problem is, no one was coming in for him, so maybe that is a factor if he chooses to go there

Problem is, no one was coming in for him, so maybe that is a factor if he chooses to go there

To be fair, it’s a lot easier to go there now given how many quality players have gone this Summer already. Plus doesn’t he get on with Mahrez really well?

Get paid a fortune while having a luxury lifestyle, friends around you and a competitive competition to play in? Either Saudi or back to Atletic I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.