It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The search for a creative player reminds me of the false 9 centre forward search. It had been going on for years until big earl arrived.

What about instead of buying players that come with a high risk we just change up how we attack. Go long to Haaland and have two players playing off him (Alvarez,Phil)for the knockdown to score on the counter.

Worked a treat against Arsenal. Maybe a new approach is needed until we find the right player?

Last edited:
We lack a risk taker , Gundo & Kev made those passes/crosses which our current squad don’t see imo and was quite evedant on Wednesday, as much as I like Phil & Bernardo they don’t possess that skill and are more ball controllers and don’t lose possession.
Do I know the answer no but we need that person who needs a 1 second glance and puts the ball into a dangerous area.
Being this late into the window I think we will struggle to attain the player we need due to lack of them on the market.

We lack a risk taker , Gundo & Kev made those passes/crosses which our current squad don’t see imo and was quite evedant on Wednesday, as much as I like Phil & Bernardo they don’t possess that skill and are more ball controllers and don’t lose possession.
Do I know the answer no but we need that person who needs a 1 second glance and puts the ball into a dangerous area.
Being this late into the window I think we will struggle to attain the player we need due to lack of them on the market.
Not so much a risk taker, as more like a playmaker! A player who does not need to look as to where a player is, rather than know that a player will be there! DeBryne & Haaland have that connection! Who can replace King Kev short & long term is the question??

Maybe but we lack a creative player. Wings can be covered by Foden/Bernie. Far too many games without Kev that we looked devoid of ideas.

Ideally both, don’t seem possible so maybe only Doku in and Bernie stays central. Give him a proper run out in Kev’s role?

Better to go for tried and tested as opposed to buying in a panic.
Was thinking the same earlier, Bernie can stay central and we have another option wide, if doku can play both sides that gives us 4 players covering with McAtee and Bobb waiting for a chance if any of those 4 get injured

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.