It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

no one....Pep will have to find another way

We cant go back to the false 9 as we wont/cant drop Haaland so others will have to really step up - we had kDB and Gundo last year..we have suddenly lost both and we havent replaced them and have 2 weeks to do so if we are going to usethe transfer window.....issue is you cant replace KDB and Kovacic as good as he is is not a replacement for Gundo as he is has different talents but creativity and goal scoring upto now are not them
He will find another way , Foden and Bernardo hardly played centrally last year, this year they probably will or we will buy somebody else that does, or maybe a winger to play a bit differently . We don’t know yet if that will be less effective than Gundogan and KDB or not. Find it a bit odd that City fans think Foden and Bernardo might not be creative enough behind Haaland, or that Pep can’t figure it out.

He will find another way , Foden and Bernardo hardly played centrally last year, this year they probably will or we will buy somebody else that does, or maybe a winger to play a bit differently . We don’t know yet if that will be less effective than Gundogan and KDB or not. Find it a bit odd that City fans think Foden and Bernardo might not be creative enough behind Haaland, or that Pep can’t figure it out.
Foden and bernardo aren't creative enough, that is the problem! If people think we can loose gundo, mahrez and kdb and not think this is a problem then they are living another planet, we still have a good team but signings are a must

The concern for me is that Haaland has looked completely isolated in two out of our 3 games so far against decent oppostion..I fully expect the same to happen vs Newcastle and him to be feeding off of scraps......

The effect of not having a playmaker in the middle could be worse than we thing as it will have a knock on effect...Though if one person can work it out its Pep
Haaland looked isolated at times last season to be honest, his numbers were astonishing with that in mind. I agree about tomorrow evening - not expecting us to be fluid or connect with him as he'd want.
Pep will sort us, but as usual we'll start slow while he works out what's best.

The concern for me is that Haaland has looked completely isolated in two out of our 3 games so far against decent oppostion..I fully expect the same to happen vs Newcastle and him to be feeding off of scraps......

The effect of not having a playmaker in the middle could be worse than we thing as it will have a knock on effect...Though if one person can work it out its Pep

Pep will need the club to be brave though mate and at this point in the transfer window go out of their comfort zone if required? Say we could get Wirtz for £75-85m would they do it?

If West Ham is looking for Mohammed Kudus as a replacement for Paqueta, why don't we try to sign Kudus ourselves? Much more reasonable price for a squad signing.

Haaland looked isolated at times last season to be honest, his numbers were astonishing with that in mind. I agree about tomorrow evening - not expecting us to be fluid or connect with him as he'd want.
Pep will sort us, but as usual we'll start slow while he works out what's best.
I’ve got tomorrow’s game down as 1-1 in my Super 6. To be fair that’s a decent result after Wednesday’s exertions. A few of our lads looked beat at the end of the game. City’s early season form always leaves a lot to be desired. We’ve lost a few senior players. We have injuries. I’d take a draw. A win would be an amazing result. But as you say, panic ye not. Our strong suit is mid / late season. You know, when the prizes are handed out. We’re not often December, January,February champions.

Pep will need the club to be brave though mate and at this point in the transfer window go out of their comfort zone if required? Say we could get Wirtz for £75-85m would they do it?

I can’t believe those running the club can believe we’re strong enough as we are. They all saw how we won the Treble and must want to aim for that again. There’s no way we’re getting near that standard without some new players coming in having lost Gundo and Mahrez plus KDB for nearly half the season, especially with the extra games we’ll be playing.

Add to that how they’ve seen Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool strengthen then surely a board as professional and ambitious as ours cannot be complacent and think we have enough as we are. I’m certain we’ll see at least one, maybe two very good players come in before the transfer window closes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.