It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Well, it'd be cool if we weren't a bunch of pale birds and shelled out 90 million for a so-so player, totally unnecessary. Let's throw in some more cash if we have to and grab Barella or Wirtz instead!

I said it a few pages back but having never paid much attention and pre this news, I watched him last night and he stood out. I was impressed, I very nearly posted on here saying we should look at him. Makes sense to me he’s of interest, a bit raw in areas but you can see the potential.

He's absolutely class. Another Koulibaly to Dias situation if we pull this off. I've been raving about him for ages.

Sorry for the madness last night. I'd had a drink and got giddy ha. I did hear some rumours last night from an agent I know that I met many years ago at a youth game. He's been pretty reliable to me over the years. Got no reason to doubt he's not being this time either. Basically it is Eze yeah. City are interested in him. No idea how advanced or whether we'll even bid, but just that we like him a lot, so I though I'd share that. I get that's underwhelming for a lot of people, but personally I think he's brilliant. Such a majestic footballer who deserve better players around him. Like Ake did at Bournemouth. I can only guess though in the Premier League market he'd cost a stupid amount. English tax too. We'll see. Please don't take this post as confirmation of a bid or owt. Might be one that we think is too difficult for now. Who knows!

Surely we can’t miss the opportunity to use Lionel Richies’s “easy” as a song if he signs…. It’d be rude not to.

TH also said Palace would demand £90m, not that they’d a) get it or b) City would bid/pay it. I suspect they’ll get £65m-75m though. Still too high but depends what City see his potential at.
I'm not sure about him. I don't see the McAtee comparisons. I think we haven't had someone like him before - but - for the comment highlighted, and that alone - I'm most definitely in!
ps, I'm not attending sunday morning kick off's

i said at the start of the window i didnt want to see us buying players that don't improve us much for huge sums on cash and that looks exactly like what we are going to do, 90m on Paqueta or Eze, the transfer market is fucked up but we are going along with the madness

i said at the start of the window i didnt want to see us buying players that don't improve us much for huge sums on cash and that looks exactly like what we are going to do, 90m on Paqueta or Eze, the transfer market is fucked up but we are going along with the madness
What do you suggest?

Very excited about this season, and it having the ability to reignite Pep to stay beyond the next 2 seasons.

Very disappointed to see Ilkay go but Kovacic a very very good replacement, always liked him, different player to Ilkay and will support Rodri a lot, the replacement goals will need to come from elsewhere though

Gvardiol is going to be a brilliant signing, a very versatile defender. Sorry to see Aymeric leave but Gvardiol much younger and more versatile. Aymeric deserves his big payday. Quite under appreciated by some on here

Likewise sorry to see Riyadh go but deserves his payday, also under appreciated by many on here, and replaced by an exciting and much younger player, gives us a different dimension on both wings

Cancelo going was always inevitable, nobody needs a sulky anchor weighing down the ship, and Kyle, Rico, Nathan and Gvardiol have the wide defence covered

Sad to see Kevin out for a few months but the prospect of seeing Phil playing more in midfield really excites me, I think he offers so much more in centre mid than on the wing

Keeping Kyle and Bernardo looks very likely, which it didn’t a month ago. THAT is immense

One more centre mud signing feels very likely and I honestly think that completes the squad. We have MacAtee, Palmer and Bobb as exciting prospects for the squad and I hope they all stay

We showed against Newcastle that we have the strength to go and beat a good side without the players who have left (and leaving), without Kev, Bernardo and John, despite a draining midweek fixture

Pep is said to like a rebuild, he has a very trusted number 2 back, he has a tight squad with some exciting additions, his lap of honour on Saturday showed his hunger and excitement, I am really looking forward to this season and I think Pep is too.

You better let Txiki know

None of us wanted to see that but Chelsea and Saudi have fucked the market, we lost Gundo and Mahrez when we didn't want to and, well, here we are. Sometimes shit happens and you have to make the best of it. At least we have the cash if we absolutely have to use it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.