It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

i think Pep wants to club to make a statement midfield signing to send a message we are ready to go again? His comments were very telling imo about the club having to make important decisions about the squad. Doku in today hopefully but he will want that top class player in as well which we would have had if Paqueta hadnt have been caught being naughty
I don't think Pep does "statement signings" and all decisions about the squad are important, I think you're just making up your own narrative there TBH.

i think Pep wants to club to make a statement midfield signing to send a message we are ready to go again? His comments were very telling imo about the club having to make important decisions about the squad. Doku in today hopefully but he will want that top class player in as well which we would have had if Paqueta hadnt have been caught being naughty
He will but he'll also understand if we can't get the right player this summer we are better waiting.

I would imagine that in the contract the quantity and terms of a release clause would be stated.
The buyers could try and negotiate a variance of those terms but the club holding the contract could turn them down.
There is no point in having a release clause of say£50M if the buying club can activate it and say we are paying £1 per year for the next 50M years.
agree, one of those dark murky football things.

my take is that you have to open talks, if the terms aren't reasonable then you can say sod off

I think Pep wants another CM/AM and doesnt want to leave anything to chance regarding the midfield. Phillips could still leave on loan and i dont htink he wants to have to chance say Mcatee and Palmer for most games if we got another injury or two?

He probably wants a CM/AM so that Kovacic can be replaced in that position when he needs Kovacic to play as a 6 to give Rodri a rest.

If there’s one weakness in our amazing squad it’s losing Rodri. He’s one of spains captains to so he’s going to play all the internationals. He can’t play every game again he’s said it himself

The problem is that when he’s out of the team our defensive structure in midfield is non existent. Teams play through us. With Kovacic here now, he can play Rodri’s role and there won’t be a massive drop off in quality.

But then you need another CM/AM to take the Kovacic role if Kovacic has to play as a 6.

Yep when I read Supersub for a 55mill pound player
That’s exactly what he will be until he learns our way of playing, at least.

Then he’s got to dislodge one of Foden, Alvarez, Bernardo, Grealish or Kovacic, or be rotated in and out to allow some rest.

He’ll likely then start games against easier opponents and hopefully gain Pep’s full trust.

He probably wants a CM/AM so that Kovacic can be replaced in that position when he needs Kovacic to play as a 6 to give Rodri a rest.

If there’s one weakness in our amazing squad it’s losing Rodri. He’s one of spains captains to so he’s going to play all the internationals. He can’t play every game again he’s said it himself

The problem is that when he’s out of the team our defensive structure in midfield is non existent. Teams play through us. With Kovacic here now, he can play Rodri’s role and there won’t be a massive drop off in quality.

But then you need another CM/AM to take the Kovacic role if Kovacic has to play as a 6.
Good post which sums up where we are without the histrionics. We will still be true to our business model I believe, which may mean we will have to wait, like we did for a CF and before that a CD.

Agree with this mate, Phillips is seemingly not an option as proven in pre season when Kova played DM.

I don't think Pep does "statement signings" and all decisions about the squad are important, I think you're just making up your own narrative there TBH.

statement meaning not a kid like Veiga mate? We have chased Bellingham, Rice and Paqueta this summer so he obviously wants someone in there?

statement meaning not a kid like Veiga mate? We have chased Bellingham, Rice and Paqueta this summer so he obviously wants someone in there?
So an experienced, capable player then, that's not a statement signing. It's just someone we need, and I do agree, Rodri is a serious concern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.