It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

So an experienced, capable player then, that's not a statement signing. It's just someone we need, and I do agree, Rodri is a serious concern.

we were going to spend £90m on Rice and then £85m on Paqueta so i class them as statement signings mate ;-)

He probably wants a CM/AM so that Kovacic can be replaced in that position when he needs Kovacic to play as a 6 to give Rodri a rest.

If there’s one weakness in our amazing squad it’s losing Rodri. He’s one of spains captains to so he’s going to play all the internationals. He can’t play every game again he’s said it himself

The problem is that when he’s out of the team our defensive structure in midfield is non existent. Teams play through us. With Kovacic here now, he can play Rodri’s role and there won’t be a massive drop off in quality.

But then you need another CM/AM to take the Kovacic role if Kovacic has to play as a 6.
Disagree, rodri is a beast in both boxes airely also.

A massive physical presence in the centre of the pitch, Kovacic is a top player and can do defensive duties for the odd game, but Rodri he certainly ain't.

Stones is the closest to Rodri in that sense.

But his injuries are a concern.

We wanted Rice and you can see why.

Disagree, rodri is a beast in both boxes airely also.

A massive physical presence in the centre of the pitch, Kovacic is a top player and can do defensive duties for the odd game, but Rodri he certainly ain't.

Stones is the closest to Rodri in that sense.

But his injuries are a concern.

We wanted Rice and you can see why.
having seen rice play for arsenal, i cant see why, he is a good player but he is closer to phillips than he is to rodri

He probably wants a CM/AM so that Kovacic can be replaced in that position when he needs Kovacic to play as a 6 to give Rodri a rest.

If there’s one weakness in our amazing squad it’s losing Rodri. He’s one of spains captains to so he’s going to play all the internationals. He can’t play every game again he’s said it himself

The problem is that when he’s out of the team our defensive structure in midfield is non existent. Teams play through us. With Kovacic here now, he can play Rodri’s role and there won’t be a massive drop off in quality.

But then you need another CM/AM to take the Kovacic role if Kovacic has to play as a 6.
To me Phillips is taking up an homegrown slot hence the interest in Eze if true. Could do with one more in as another key injury would cause us problems.Dont want to bash Phillips anymore than he has been but if he's getting zero minutes it is surely mutually beneficial to sort a move out for him either on loan or permanent if we can find a client.

I wonder if we may take a look at Kudus?

That was my thought too after confirmation Wirtz, Barella and Olmo are all impossible this late in the window (which I think we all knew instinctively anyway).

Kudus is probably the best option available for the position we’re looking to fill.

I guess it comes down to whether we think he’s good enough - or whether we’d rather go with what we’ve got and keep our powder dry for the right player.

Dippers blocked Suarez to Arsenal I believe even though they had bid above the clause many years ago.
Theres no buyout clause in fixed term contracts in the UK as there is in Spain but I guess if Suarez Wanted out he could have got himself out of that contract but it would have taken months to get a judicial hearing on the validity and enforcement of the clause. It was thoroughly bad faith from the Dippers but we’d expect nothing less.

That was my thought too after confirmation Wirtz, Barella and Olmo are all impossible this late in the window (which I think we all knew instinctively anyway).

Kudus is probably the best option available for the position we’re looking to fill.

I guess it comes down to whether we think he’s good enough - or whether we’d rather go with what we’ve got and keep our powder dry for the right player.

Or Gravenberch? Still a really talented player in there and it seems he is available? Maybe Tuchel still wants Phillips as well?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.