It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

next summer we will need at least 2 new midfielders

Don't think that should come as a massive surprise. He's always got his head down and put his all in for the club, even when it's been clear he has favoured a move away.

I expect if there is one it will be also less than his actual market value - probably similar to what we would sell him for with a year left on his contract (which would have been the situation next summer).

This way though, I expect we've given him a bumper pay day, we get to keep him for at least 1 more season whilst we have had some big players leave and are in a period of transition - if someone does come in for him next season, we'll be in a better place than we are this summer with new signings having bedded in.

Bernie's done right by us by agreeing to stay longer and we'll do right by him if he still wants a new challenge next year.

The will he won't he situation is a bit tedious and a RC means that will continue, but having Bernardo stay here this window is massive.

Great shout!

And whilst we’re at it - I don’t know why no-one’s talking about Scott McTominay for the box to box centre mid role at City.

He’s got a way higher ceiling than Rice or Wirtz or Paqueta or any of that lot. Knows the City (well - he knows Trafford, anyway). European pedigree. Leaves his boot in. Won’t mind rotating with Rodri and Kalvin.

Ideal!
In all seriousness, I think alongside Ward-Prowse; McTominey, Maguire & Youssef En-Nesyri would represent a brilliant window for WHU. All of them for less than they received for Rice.

Moyes has signed Mavrapanos & Alvarez, & had a bid for Kudud rejected, so evidently they're looking at alternatives.

As for Paqueta, reports are that the deal is definitely off.... For now! BUT could be revived in January if the investigation's concluded in time & Lucas is cleared. That's another £70m - £80m in the bank for WHU.

Paqueta must be fuckin gutted! His dream move snatched from the jaws of completion.

The only way we could do worse is by bringing in weghorse, and that would only be marginally worse.
Weigthorse is much much worse

Lukaku last season had 16 goal involvements in 25 games in Serie A and 4 goal involvements in 8 games in Champions league. Lukaku would allow Haaland much more rest and would allow Alvarez to play one of the midfield positions more regularly when we are back to playing three games a week. Haaland can’t play every match and Lukaku would allow him to get rest whilst also bagging goals. This would buy us time to get the correct signing (possibly Wirtz) for next season rather than panic buying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.