It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

You don't mean Nunes, surely? He plays for Portugal, and Pep called him one of the best in the world last year. Exceptional at what he does.
The list of players Pep has called the best in the world, or outstanding, is almost, and I stress this, almost as long as the list of players Wenger was 'this close' to signing...

Okay please list all triggered release clauses that you know that weren't paid in 1 go.

And I don't mean where teams negotiate around the release clause like we did with Gvardiol getting him cheaper.
I don’t need to & wouldn’t be able to as I’ve not seen anyone’s contact

Release clauses aren’t law in the UK, so you can have any stipulations with regards payment terms, these aren’t set in stone

What do people not get about this release clause? It's the formalisation of a gentleman's agreement, Bernardo is staying for another year (at least) full throttle, added another year so we don't get €30/35m offers for him next year as a player on the final year of his contract (see Mane to Bayern). Guarantees us £50m, repays him for his time and achievements at the club and everyone is happy. Plus we've a year to scout a successor. I think it's a great deal and shows the club actually cares about it's players

What do people not get about this release clause? It's the formalisation of a gentleman's agreement, Bernardo is staying for another year (at least) full throttle, added another year so we don't get €30/35m offers for him next year as a player on the final year of his contract (see Mane to Bayern). Guarantees us £50m, repays him for his time and achievements at the club and everyone is happy. Plus we've a year to scout a successor. I think it's a great deal and shows the club actually cares about it's players

Pretty much. Other than the €30m bit imo. If Bernardo who reportedly has wanted to leave all this time and still might want it next year, thought he could go for €30m next year, no way would he be signing a deal that ups that to £50m. That price is imo around what the club would be expecting for him in his final year, and that's why it works for all to formalise it, while rewarding him with higher wages.

Pretty much. Other than the €30m bit imo. If Bernardo who reportedly has wanted to leave all this time and still might want it next year, thought he could go for €30m next year, no way would he be signing a deal that ups that to £50m. That price is imo around what the club would be expecting for him in his final year, and that's why it works for all to formalise it, while rewarding him with higher wages.
Yeah that's fair enough, I see it as an insurance policy against the 30/35m offers and pressure from agents etc.

Either way I'm extremely pleased with it and a release clause doesn't actually mean he will leave, things change but at least everyone's cards are on the table

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.