It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Tolmie mentioned Jude agreed to a deal with city but he could also agree a deal to other club clubs.
Transfers are like rollercoasters twists turns nothing is signed sealed delivered until he’s holding up a city jersey.
I dont think there are many twists and turns actually.....think that it is the media creating narratives to sell papers/get clicks or whatever....I think most of the time major transfers like this will be decided at least by the player and his agent way in advance of it actually happening. - the rest is just hot air as players agents/advisors obviously mostly keep quiet and players rarely say anything themselves until the deal is done.
The media for most parts dont have a clue except educated guesses......they will get a hint or a bit of info and go with that.

Its not until the media see players going for medicals or arriving at a hotel the day before a signing for instance that they get much right......

For instance, anyone that knows anything about football could come up with one of the 3-4 major narratives that would surround Bellingham this summer -
1. he is going to the scousers
2. He is going to Real madrid
3. He is coming to us
4. he will sign a contract extension at Dortmund...and they wont sell

They then just mix the narratives up at any point saying its a battle between two of those clubs and hey presto, you have a headline/story - but little actual factual news

Especially when it comes to us as there are very few leaks from city these days...some clubs are a little bit more likely to leak things but we tend to keep thigns very very quiet about transfers - which inturn (possibly) allows more stories around our transfers as the club says very little either way (rightfully so)

You are right however...nothing is signed sealed and delivered till it actually happens.

I dont think there are many twists and turns actually.....think that it is the media creating narratives to sell papers/get clicks or whatever....I think most of the time major transfers like this will be decided at least by the player and his agent way in advance of it actually happening. - the rest is just hot air as players agents/advisors obviously mostly keep quiet and players rarely say anything themselves until the deal is done.
The media for most parts dont have a clue except educated guesses......they will get a hint or a bit of info and go with that.

Its not until the media see players going for medicals or arriving at a hotel the day before a signing for instance that they get much right......

For instance, anyone that knows anything about football could come up with one of the 3-4 major narratives that would surround Bellingham this summer -
1. he is going to the scousers
2. He is going to Real madrid
3. He is coming to us
4. he will sign a contract extension at Dortmund...and they wont sell

They then just mix the narratives up at any point saying its a battle between two of those clubs and hey presto, you have a headline/story - but little actual factual news

Especially when it comes to us as there are very few leaks from city these days...some clubs are a little bit more likely to leak things but we tend to keep thigns very very quiet about transfers - which inturn (possibly) allows more stories around our transfers as the club says very little either way (rightfully so)

You are right however...nothing is signed sealed and delivered till it actually happens.
I’m trying to let that other kid know just because tolmie gave some positive news on city it doesn’t mean it’s all done n dusted like he appears to be indicating.

I’m trying to let that other kid know just because tolmie gave some positive news on city it doesn’t mean it’s all done n dusted like he appears to be indicating.
TH has always stated that everything is subject to change, Jorginho and the full back whose name escapes me are prime examples.

Let’s just see if Liverpool have the funds to make it a one off payment for Bellingham, because we know for sure that we can do that plus that is what Dortmund will want anyway so that they can improve their team for the next season. Plus Liverpool aren’t getting top 4 this season so it’s a major positive for us so we will just have to wait and see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.