It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Fuck it… my deadline day wild card is Vini Jnr (won’t happen but we can dream right?). Clearly I’m not being serious, unless of course it happens and them I’m ITK.

Don’t think so unfortunately mate but with a net spend now rumored to be between £30-40m surely we have the cash to burn for one big transfer?

If it was start of August I would agree mate, but just cannot see us doing so without getting absolutely turned over now.

To be honest, is there really any quality on the market at the moment? Quality that is clearly going to improve our first XI?

I am unsure.

I also have a bit of a theory that the people that run the show at City are trying to portray the club in a different way with all this net spend stuff. A part of me thinks we are doing it to start looking "better" in the eyes of the PL and UEFA to take away the constant legal battles and media releases having to defend the club.

Could be wrong, most likely am, but I do find it interesting how we keep hearing about net spend from the club. Even Pep has spoke about in a press conference recently if I recall.

While I’m upset he is gone, it doesn’t seem like anyone else bar Nunes is coming in.

In fact, our net spend is now negative, we haven’t actually spent more than what we sold.

I think the club must be planning for some big signings in the future, next year perhaps Wirtz is the goal and they know he will cost at least 100m.
Is that calculated or just your feeling? Got any link?

In my book including Nunes and Palmer we have a net spend of about £39m (€46m).
We spent more than we cashed in.

If it was start of August I would agree mate, but just cannot see us doing so without getting absolutely turned over now.

To be honest, is there really any quality on the market at the moment? Quality that is clearly going to improve our first XI?

I am unsure.

I also have a bit of a theory that the people that run the show at City are trying to portray the club in a different way with all this net spend stuff. A part of me thinks we are doing it to start looking "better" in the eyes of the PL and UEFA to take away the constant legal battles and media releases having to defend the club.

Could be wrong, most likely am, but I do find it interesting how we keep hearing about net spend from the club. Even Pep has spoke about in a press conference recently if I recall.
Possibly but we would have spent big on Bellingham or Rice if the situation was a little different. Almost £80m on Josko is a biiiiig spend. That's the story people will tell not the netspend cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.