It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I can when they are the relevant.

Do you think if we were fighting Arsenal to the last minute of the last game that Phillips or Gomez would have started any games or even seen the pitch? Of course they wouldn't.

I also would call signing two players in Phillips' position a 'caveat' but if you somehow think that doesn't put him two further places down the pecking order then I don't know what to say.

We also lost two players in Phillips' position, if we are going to be picky woth relevance.

And one in Bobb's.

If your caveat for those minutes is they happened when focusing on cups, who is to say the same won't happen this year, or if we are say focusing on the league and using them in the cups? As is the purpose of squad players.

We also lost two players in Phillips' position, if we are going to be picky woth relevance.

And one in Bobb's.

If your caveat for those minutes is they happened when focusing on cups, who is to say the same won't happen this year, or if we are say focusing on the league and using them in the cups? As is the purpose of squad players.

If we are talking about who can fill in against lower league teams in the cups or in dead rubber games then we can include half the u21s squad.

When I think about squad depth, I want to consider players who can actually contribute in competitive games.

For example in the next 10 games I can see every single player in the squad getting some play time other than the three I have mentioned.

Ideally they will all step up to be relied upon as regular rotation options but I can't see it happening.

Edit: on reflection, given we are a little light up front I think there is a small chance Gomez could play as an attacking midfielder like he does for Spain.

also the "we dont play with fullbacks anymore" is complete horseshit if you've seen us play at all this season

It's funny, I have issues with the side of the squad and this transfer window, but I am more confident we're winning the league than i've been in a long while

TH reckons we might get the lad Boca Juniors, Barco (fullback) - same sort of deal we did for alvarez....buy him now but wont join till January.....

Thing is, he is a left back so do we need him? We have Ake and Gvardiol who both play that side....??

Or is it a CFG signing who might get tried here but ultimately (like Gomez and Perrone) probably wont make it and be sold on??

TH reckons we might get the lad Boca Juniors, Barco (fullback) - same sort of deal we did for alvarez....buy him now but wont join till January.....

Thing is, he is a left back so do we need him? We have Ake and Gvardiol who both play that side....??

Or is it a CFG signing who might get tried here but ultimately (like Gomez) probably wont make it and be sold on??
Both could play as cb so may get some time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.