It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Links to Madrid don't make much sense to me tbh what with them having brought in Camavinga and Tchouameni and given Valverde can play in midfield and Asensio is seemingly looking good there too. Ceballos is being given more minutes as well.

Madrid are in desparate need of forwards, they have been extremely fortunate that both Vinicius and Benzema haven't gotten any long term injuries, because they have 0 depth to replace those 2.

My guess is something like Mbappe + Osihmen would be some statement signings.
I think have this stupid reputation and need to make fans happy and feel justified. They need to be in the race for every bug signing to show they are still the galacticos

He averages around 25 league games a season without being injury prone. This season Bayern have signed a big name right back from us on loan and they've made more use of academy product Josip Stanasic. Neither of those is a ringing endorsement of Bayern's long term faith in Pavard.

And feel free to name me another French right back so we can have a laugh at their total lack of depth in that position.
Off the top of my head, Jules Kounde. That's beside the point. Are you actually saying Pavard has been a regular for France for the better part of 5 plus years by default? You do realize how weak of an argument that is? I'm not saying Pavard is a superstar. I'm not even saying he's as good as Walker. I'm saying he's nowhere near a monumental dropoff from Walker like you stated because that's simply not true. Also, Walker hasn't exactly been a regular on the team sheet himself to your point on internal competition.

You do realize how weak of an argument that is?

You don't really get to use that line when you're entire argument so far has been "well, he plays for Bayern and France."

Jules Kounde is a centre back who has been pushed out to right back because the only other option Barca have is Sergi Roberto.

So yeah, Pavard has been France's starter right back because they don't have options. He was a centre back who got pushed out to right back for France precisely for that reason.

He is a decent squad player and nothing more. If we were to sign him then it's because Bayern don't mind losing him and I don't really understand why anyone would con themselves into thinking that one of their cast-offs would be an adequate replacement for someone who will rightfully go down as one of the best right backs in Premier League history.

That's reality. Kyle Walker, as much as anyone can try and argue otherwise, has been and still is amongst the very best in his position. Pavard isn't and never will be.

People saying we need to look for replacements because of his age have a perfectly valid point but forgive me for not thinking we can just cram in anyone five years younger without losing significant quality.

You don't really get to use that line when you're entire argument so far has been "well, he plays for Bayern and France."

Jules Kounde is a centre back who has been pushed out to right back because the only other option Barca have is Sergi Roberto.

So yeah, Pavard has been France's starter right back because they don't have options. He was a centre back who got pushed out to right back for France precisely for that reason.

He is a decent squad player and nothing more. If we were to sign him then it's because Bayern don't mind losing him and I don't really understand why anyone would con themselves into thinking that one of their cast-offs would be an adequate replacement for someone who will rightfully go down as one of the best right backs in Premier League history.

That's reality. Kyle Walker, as much as anyone can try and argue otherwise, has been and still is amongst the very best in his position. Pavard isn't and never will be.

People saying we need to look for replacements because of his age have a perfectly valid point but forgive me for not thinking we can just cram in anyone five years younger without losing significant quality.
I get it, you don't rate Pavard and you love Walker. That's basically all you are saying. It's your opinion. And for the record I never said I wanted Pavard or didn't want him or that I wanted to replace Walker. This whole dialogue started because you said Pavard would be a MONUMENTAL downgrade from Walker. I happen to think that's quite an exaggerated statement and said so. That's my opinion...

Lavia will have his pick of Top 4 clubs this summer, he isn’t coming back, and nor should he to get 15 minutes a month.

A strange decision to let him go and sign Phillips who is a lesser player, but we know that for all the fabulous work he has done, Pep is a rather arrogant weirdo

Strange how posters who’ve been on here but a few weeks come out with shit like this.

Lavia will have his pick of Top 4 clubs this summer, he isn’t coming back, and nor should he to get 15 minutes a month.

A strange decision to let him go and sign Phillips who is a lesser player, but we know that for all the fabulous work he has done, Pep is a rather arrogant weirdo
Think you just outed yourself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.