It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Rico is a great kid, but I don't see him being our RB for years to come

He can definitely play football & is very intelligent for his age
But this is where he falls down for me

Big games & I mean games with top class & very quick wingers, this is Rico's downfall he doesn't have the pace

This was evident against Trossard for example in FA Cup
Pep had to take him off for Kyle & Berny switched to RW changed it in our favour

Not putting Rico down he is going to he a class player but for me I see him more in midfield???

Stones for me has both attributes & is stronger & another reason he likes Akanji

We could see Phillips move on & City not buying anyone & use both John & Rico if needed?
Great points totally agree.

Links to Madrid don't make much sense to me tbh what with them having brought in Camavinga and Tchouameni and given Valverde can play in midfield and Asensio is seemingly looking good there too. Ceballos is being given more minutes as well.

Madrid are in desparate need of forwards, they have been extremely fortunate that both Vinicius and Benzema haven't gotten any long term injuries, because they have 0 depth to replace those 2.

My guess is something like Mbappe + Osihmen would be some statement signings.

You're comparing the world's best defensive full back to someone who doesn't have any standout attributes offensively or defensively, other than hitting a spectacular volley once or twice a year

There is a huge discrepancy in terms of their level of talent.
If you say so. He's been able to fool DesChamps, Flick, and Nagelsmann somehow finding himself in the first 11 for France and Bayern by simply hitting a couple volleys a year. He must be a distant relative of Houdini?

It's not about what he's won in a team of fantastic players, it's about what he can offer as an individual. Walker is vital to us in terms of pace, power, aggression and pure determination - plus he seems comfortable enough where he is that he's not been bitching about being dropped recently because he knows he'll get his chance again when needed (Champions League).

I'd go as far as to argue that Walker is one of the most irreplaceable players in the squad in terms of what he offers being so unique.
I love Walker, but Pavard is not a monumental downgrade no matter how much anyone spins it...just keeping it real.

Good point, probably accurate, but the context of my post was... "How would we pay a possible mega fine eg £100M, but still future proof the squad"... if we get clumped by the PL our transfer window will have to change to deal with the harsh reality of it... So we won't be playing fantasy football in the window as usual... but I've had no end of stick for even mentioning the possibility....
So your assuming a bad outcome and letting that dictate transfers and that bad outcome your assuming a fine of a certain amount when they can probably pick any other amount or could do something completely different like relegate us. You’re also assuming it will happen this summer when plenty of experts have said this could all take years. I think we will know before the summer window or at least before it ends because it’s so important. Your then compounding these assumptions by adding in weird transfers and sales and inflated figures

If you say so. He's been able to fool DesChamps, Flick, and Nagelsmann somehow finding himself in the first 11 for France and Bayern by simply hitting a couple volleys a year. He must be a distant relative of Houdini?

He averages around 25 league games a season without being injury prone. This season Bayern have signed a big name right back from us on loan and they've made more use of academy product Josip Stanasic. Neither of those is a ringing endorsement of Bayern's long term faith in Pavard.

And feel free to name me another French right back so we can have a laugh at their total lack of depth in that position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.