It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Lavia will have his pick of Top 4 clubs this summer, he isn’t coming back, and nor should he to get 15 minutes a month.

A strange decision to let him go and sign Phillips who is a lesser player, but we know that for all the fabulous work he has done, Pep is a rather arrogant weirdo
School holidays, always brings out the Play station managerial experts

Lavia will have his pick of Top 4 clubs this summer, he isn’t coming back, and nor should he to get 15 minutes a month.

A strange decision to let him go and sign Phillips who is a lesser player, but we know that for all the fabulous work he has done, Pep is a rather arrogant weirdo
Actually pal - we DON’T all know any such thing.
But like they say - it takes one to (think) they know one.
Toddle off back to your play station

Romeo Lavia is a top prospect, and we can all see that, but to suggest that because a player has had a decent season for Southampton he is automatically better than what we have is ridiculous. We play in a completely different way, and face opponents who play in a very different way when they play us. I am a fan of Lavia, and wanted him to stay, but I recently watched a game where an opponent went passed him and he gave up, jogging after him, watching him create a clear chance: that would not be acceptable here and he would be lambasted by us and by the media should it happen.

It is a shame, and it has happened with Doyle and McAtee too, that the EDS level is insufficient to test their abilities properly, but they are not quite ready to play and compete for trophies at the highest levels. We tend to compete for everything too so opportunities are limited for Academy players and only the truly exceptional come through. Let's just take time to judge Phillips rather than unfairly compare him to a teenager playing for another club.

Romeo Lavia is a top prospect, and we can all see that, but to suggest that because a player has had a decent season for Southampton he is automatically better than what we have is ridiculous. We play in a completely different way, and face opponents who play in a very different way when they play us. I am a fan of Lavia, and wanted him to stay, but I recently watched a game where an opponent went passed him and he gave up, jogging after him, watching him create a clear chance: that would not be acceptable here and he would be lambasted by us and by the media should it happen.

It is a shame, and it has happened with Doyle and McAtee too, that the EDS level is insufficient to test their abilities properly, but they are not quite ready to play and compete for trophies at the highest levels. We tend to compete for everything too so opportunities are limited for Academy players and only the truly exceptional come through. Let's just take time to judge Phillips rather than unfairly compare him to a teenager playing for another club.
Stop talking sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.