It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Gundo goes and Phillips stays.
botdojk.gif

Romeo Lavia is a top prospect, and we can all see that, but to suggest that because a player has had a decent season for Southampton he is automatically better than what we have is ridiculous. We play in a completely different way, and face opponents who play in a very different way when they play us. I am a fan of Lavia, and wanted him to stay, but I recently watched a game where an opponent went passed him and he gave up, jogging after him, watching him create a clear chance: that would not be acceptable here and he would be lambasted by us and by the media should it happen.

It is a shame, and it has happened with Doyle and McAtee too, that the EDS level is insufficient to test their abilities properly, but they are not quite ready to play and compete for trophies at the highest levels. We tend to compete for everything too so opportunities are limited for Academy players and only the truly exceptional come through. Let's just take time to judge Phillips rather than unfairly compare him to a teenager playing for another club.
I don’t think he’s been that great for Southampton. He’s had a few good games, but I wouldn’t rush and activate his buy back clause just from one half decent season at bottom of the league Southampton.

I don’t think he’s been that great for Southampton. He’s had a few good games, but I wouldn’t rush and activate his buy back clause just from one half decent season at bottom of the league Southampton.
Yes, that is my point really. He is a prospect, and has been decent. Being decent for Southampton is not being a starter in our team. He is only 19 and there are very few players of that age playing every week for top level world sides. I hope he makes it.

Yes, that is my point really. He is a prospect, and has been decent. Being decent for Southampton is not being a starter in our team. He is only 19 and there are very few players of that age playing every week for top level world sides. I hope he makes it.
The most important thing for him now is consistent minutes. Southampton went all in on him, sold Oriel Romeu to Girona and JWP played deep before they let Lavia take that place. Although he’s looked great for them I do really believe that’s one reason (there’s quite a few) they will get relegated.

We can't rush in and activate his buy back clause.
It doesn't kick in until 2024.
If we buy him in this summer transfer season will have to pay full market value for him and already Arsenal and Chelsea are showing an interest.
I'm guessing a top club will buy him and we will be happy enough to accept a 20% sell on which we have in place.

The searchlights are all directed at Bellingham along with everyone's attention. Haven't we seen City do this smoke and mirrors thing before?
Although I'd be happy enough with JB through the door cant help thinking are we missing something else big no matter what he decides?

Wondering what the highest amount of possible exits from the first team squad is:

Theoretically Cancelo, Laporte, Gundogan, bernardo, phillips and walker in an extreme scenario? Would expect probably 3 of them to go realistically. Cancelo and Gundo being certainties and then probably 1 more out of the other 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.