It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Hello old friend.

76 minutes to go now. 924 played between them.

The next time one of them plays a full game, or all 3 come on about the hour mark, that's our fun little bet settled before christmas.

Not being petty nor do I have any poor intentions. It stuck with me when we discussed it last, and I have since kept an eye on it because it interested me. All in good spirit.

TBF he may have exaggerated and in my opinion potentially going to be wrong on Bobb.

But other 2 he is spot on.

The situation for me is not the minutes but the type of minutes.

He has not choose Phillips in all the 4 games Rodri has missed (he is the clear replacement if deemed good enough for the squad). For this reason although I am confident he will go in Jan, it will be difficult and far from a good deal.

Gomez is similar he played more last but seems out of favour, although there is a player there. I would imagine if we wanted to sell he would be quite easy to shift and that we would be tempted if the right offer came in.

Bobb has been given game time in important games at important times and I would say Pep trusts him or sees potential in him. I think he thinks he can change a game and create something and aa such he is probably viewed as an important squad member and one we would not entertain selling.

TBF he may have exaggerated and in my opinion potentially going to be wrong on Bobb.

But other 2 he is spot on.

The situation for me is not the minutes but the type of minutes.

He has not choose Phillips in all the 4 games Rodri has missed (he is the clear replacement if deemed good enough for the squad). For this reason although I am confident he will go in Jan, it will be difficult and far from a good deal.

Gomez is similar he played more last but seems out of favour, although there is a player there. I would imagine if we wanted to sell he would be quite easy to shift and that we would be tempted if the right offer came in.

Bobb has been given game time in important games at important times and I would say Pep trusts him or sees potential in him. I think he thinks he can change a game and create something and aa such he is probably viewed as an important squad member and one we would not entertain selling.

Let's not get fucking silly here.

I know what he is saying. He knows what I am saying. No need to push to the extremes of each arguement to dig in for no reason on a point broadly right.

Nobody is saying Philips Bobb and Gomez are first team players or will challenge first team players. They are squad players. They have a squad role. It is not huge, but it is important. What I AM arguing, or rather did months ago, was the exaggeration that they are outright uselsess and irrelevant. Phillips has played in 10 games. Bobb and Gomez similar. Gomez has also heen out injured a fair bit.

If it had not been for the extremity of the original post (claiming delusion for thinking Phillips would get a single minute, or the 3 combined 1000 all season), there would be no discussion. I don't need you or ES putting words in my mouth, to feel that you were 'right' when you came out with something clearly fucking over the top. I have no issue with the broad stance, don't even disagree with it. Just the end it was taken to, that's all.

Let's not get fucking silly here.

I know what he is saying. He knows what I am saying. No need to push to the extremes of each arguement to dig in for no reason on a point broadly right.

Nobody is saying Philips Bobb and Gomez are first team players or will challenge first team players. They are squad players. They have a squad role. It is not huge, but it is important. What I AM arguing, or rather did months ago, was the exaggeration that they are outright uselsess and irrelevant. Phillips has played in 10 games. Bobb and Gomez similar. Gomez has also heen out injured a fair bit.

If it had not been for the extremity of the original post (claiming delusion for thinking Phillips would get a single minute, or the 3 combined 1000 all season), there would be no discussion. I don't need you or ES putting words in my mouth, to feel that you were 'right' when you came out with something clearly fucking over the top. I have no issue with the broad stance, don't even disagree with it. Just the end it was taken to, that's all.

Wow, just my view.

TBH I don’t have a dog in this fight, but what I will say is if you are watching the minutes these players have, counting them up in order to post to a member on a forum for a comment he made months ago.

The reality is, even if you are correct you are certainly not winning!!!

Relax it’s Christmas, enjoy the season blue and on the football let’s just hope we get a new trophy (forget which players get which minutes) and Oscar Bobb might not just be squad depth soon, my view, don’t hound me if it turns out to be wrong :-)

Wow, just my view.

TBH I don’t have a dog in this fight, but what I will say is if you are watching the minutes these players have, counting them up in order to post to a member on a forum for a comment he made months ago.

The reality is, even if you are correct you are certainly not winning!!!

Relax it’s Christmas, enjoy the season blue and on the football let’s just hope we get a new trophy (forget which players get which minutes) and Oscar Bobb might not just be squad depth soon, my view, don’t hound me if it turns out to be wrong :-)

That's fair.

For a bit of context, it is not the first response to that old comment just fyi, we had a little side bet and all, and have briefly touched base every so often on it.

Bobb is indeed exciting. The other two have their role to play, and will. All good.

Regardless of who we buy next. Said player needs to hit the ground running. Otherwise we will be going around in circles again like nunes and Phillips and kova transfers.

Club need to step up their game.

Regardless of who we buy next. Said player needs to hit the ground running. Otherwise we will be going around in circles again like nunes and Phillips and kova transfers.

Hence if Phillips goes that Paulinha needs to come in to replace him? Someone ready to go and fit straight into the team if required?

That's fair.

For a bit of context, it is not the first response to that old comment just fyi, we had a little side bet and all, and have briefly touched base every so often on it.

Bobb is indeed exciting. The other two have their role to play, and will. All good.
Coat, leave him alone..have not seen Fuzz on an 80 year old ..mostly grey and balding ( as an ex gynaecologist)
However as we next play a Brazilian team surely Fuzz will not be an issue.

Just trying to cheer you both up. Merry Xmas lads....

Absolutely no guarantee of anything. If anything history has shown us that most need 12mths with Pep except a few.

Absolutely no guarantee of anything. If anything history has shown us that most need 12mths with Pep except a few.
Well that’s all well and good but the actual first 11 need a proper world class midfielder imo. 12 months can be used as a get out. I did it myself with Phillips. You can get the feel of how a player is going to do after the first couple of months.

Transfers are damn hard to get right tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.