It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

He's got improving to do but we've got no choice but to bring him in during the summer if other clubs are showing interest.

I'm a big fan of him and think he'd be very useful in the left wing position. He loves to beat his man on the outside and most of his assists have come from crosses from that move. He hugs the touchline and plays similarly to how Pep used to ask Phil to play on the left - high and wide to stretch the opposition.

He's also quick, is a team player and has a good engine. You'd struggle to find a better 19 YO who plays LW anywhere in the world. After the season he's having he'll be easily valued at around £60m. So we'll profit no matter what happens.
Yeah, absolute no brainer of a signing. Obviously not the finished article at 19, but looks very very promising. Agree about the Foden bit, Savio looks a better fit for that role. Can play both sides too which is a plus

People in here are sleeping on Perrone. I watch Las Palmas regularly just to see how he's doing. He started the season primarily coming on as a substitute but eventually took the central DM role from the club's captain. Plays with great poise and a pragmatic approach from his deep lying position. However, he does venture forward and has a good pass in him as well as pretty good vision. Las Palmas has the second best defensive record in La Liga behind Real and currently sit in the top half of the table which for them has been very encouraging. Playing as a DM on a team with limited offense (15 goals scored) while maintaining their defensive integrity (15 goals allowed) speaks in his favor. Personally, I believe this kid will become a very high level DM when he approaches his prime years. I wish I could see what Rodri looked like at 20 because while I'm not saying he's going to become Rodri I do believe the potential to become a top class DM is there. I believe he has a bigger upside than Lavia especially in a side that plays the way we do...JMO

People in here are sleeping on Perrone. I watch Las Palmas regularly just to see how he's doing. He started the season primarily coming on as a substitute but eventually took the central DM role from the club's captain. Plays with great poise and a pragmatic approach from his deep lying position. However, he does venture forward and has a good pass in him as well as pretty good vision. Las Palmas has the second best defensive record in La Liga behind Real and currently sit in the top half of the table which for them has been very encouraging. Playing as a DM on a team with limited offense (15 goals scored) while maintaining their defensive integrity (15 goals allowed) speaks in his favor. Personally, I believe this kid will become a very high level DM when he approaches his prime years. I wish I could see what Rodri looked like at 20 because while I'm not saying he's going to become Rodri I do believe the potential to become a top class DM is there. I believe he has a bigger upside than Lavia especially in a side that plays the way we do...JMO
Given we only need a squad player because of Rodri age and ability if he is prepared to do that then could save us a fair amount of money would be hard for him to be worse then Philips

Wonder what we will do tho if Philips goes could do with an extra midfielder but I imagine we won’t recall Perrone would someone be available on loan ?

I couldn't believe it when we sent Perrone out on loan. I think he showed enough to remain here & develop.

I'm so glad he's doing well in La Liga. Hopefully he'll return to the Etihad & prove his worth.

Given we only need a squad player because of Rodri age and ability if he is prepared to do that then could save us a fair amount of money would be hard for him to be worse then Philips

Wonder what we will do tho if Philips goes could do with an extra midfielder but I imagine we won’t recall Perrone would someone be available on loan ?
I highly doubt we'd recall him in this window...As far as being "worse" than Phillips in the very limited time we saw him on the pitch for us I can't recall one time when I thought "get this kid off the pitch" or recall him looking out of place. In fact, there were a few occasions when he did some really nice stuff. I believe the only thing he needs to play for us in such an important role is time...

No disrepect to Rodri. While acknowledging Rodri's abilities, at the age of 20, he was, in comparison to Perrone, relatively inexperienced. Perrone, on the other hand, is truly special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.