It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Jude has been unbelievable. It's okay that he's great. I wish he were at City, although I am not sure he would have been quite as effective as he's been at Madrid. They had more of a pressing need for him, and he fits their strategy better. I'll take Rodri over him any day though. Best player in the world right now....

Jude has been unbelievable. It's okay that he's great. I wish he were at City, although I am not sure he would have been quite as effective as he's been at Madrid. They had more of a pressing need for him, and he fits their strategy better. I'll take Rodri over him any day though. Best player in the world right now....
Spanish football's different. Outside of Barça, Atletico, Real, Sevilla & this season Girona, most games in La Liga are against bottom third of the PL, to the top half of the Championship level opponents at best. This is why the elite Spanish teams can afford to put so much emphasis on Europe.

Imagine Real if they had Liverpool away, Leipsig away, then West Ham at home, & a tricky Carabao Cup tie away to Chelsea, all in the space of 12 days? That's a whole different level of football to what Real face on a regular basis, but EPL clubs face most weeks.

In this regard I'd expect elite players to perform to the highest standards in most La Liga matches, as the level of opposition is generally lower.

For years the two best players of their generation spent week after week in Spain playing against Elche, Oviedo, Levante & Tenerife etc, with the odd Sevilla, Valencia or Atletico match thrown into the mix. Is it any surprise Messi & Ronaldo were scoring 60, 70 goals per season?

I'm not saying Bellingham isn't an elite player, but has he been more effective than Rodri, KDB, Gundog, Bernardo or for that matter Phil Foden this year? No chance! And our lot have got the medals & scars to prove it.

Spanish football's different. Outside of Barça, Atletico, Real, Sevilla & this season Girona, most games in La Liga are against bottom third of the PL, to the top half of the Championship level opponents at best. This is why the elite Spanish teams can afford to put so much emphasis on Europe.

Imagine Real if they had Liverpool away, Leipsig away, then West Ham at home, & a tricky Carabao Cup tie away to Chelsea, all in the space of 12 days? That's a whole different level of football to what Real face on a regular basis, but EPL clubs face most weeks.

In this regard I'd expect elite players to perform to the highest standards in most La Liga matches, as the level of opposition is generally lower.

For years the two best players of their generation spent week after week in Spain playing against Elche, Oviedo, Levante & Tenerife etc, with the odd Sevilla, Valencia or Atletico match thrown into the mix. Is it any surprise Messi & Ronaldo were scoring 60, 70 goals per season?

I'm not saying Bellingham isn't an elite player, but has he been more effective than Rodri, KDB, Gundog, Bernardo or for that matter Phil Foden this year? No chance! And our lot have got the medals & scars to prove it.
Despite its reputation, PL football is incredibly defensive too, especially for the better teams in games against 'lesser' opponents. It is very difficult for midfielders to score lots of goals when playing against a 5 - 5 - 0 lineup.

Despite its reputation, PL football is incredibly defensive too, especially for the better teams in games against 'lesser' opponents. It is very difficult for midfielders to score lots of goals when playing against a 5 - 5 - 0 lineup.
Agreed there should be a rule change in the premier League all teams have to play 442 or 433 or 451 no 5 at the back allowed. That will encourage more attacking football and would make for more entertaining games!:)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE BLUES. 2023 A GLORIOUS YEAR ETCHED IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!
WELL DONE TO OUR BOYS, STUFF, COACHES, THE FOOTBALL GENIUS PEP, MANAGEMENT, OWNERS AND ALL THE FANS. WE DID SOMETHING EXTRAORDINARY THIS YEAR. WE ARE VERY FORTUNATE TO BE PART OF THIS AND BARE WITNESS TO THIS ACCOMPLISHMENT. HAPPY NEW YEAR BLUES.

Agreed there should be a rule change in the premier League all teams have to play 442 or 433 or 451 no 5 at the back allowed. That will encourage more attacking football and would make for more entertaining games!:)
If you applied the so called technical foul yellows to defensive teams, who use it more than offensive teams, you would soon see a change in style, can not think why they do not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.