It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We could literally ship Phillips to West Ham on loan with two locked in scenarios. A fee with Paqueta if it works out or a standalone if Paqueta gets a ban.

Philips has turned that move down twice already.
Perhaps now the penny's dropped that he's no future here, Philips may look at the current Europa Conference League Champions differently?

A loan swap deal including Paqueta would suit both players imo. I'd still take the risk with him. Apparently the betting patterns are as suspicious as fuck, but there's fuck all hard evidence linking the player to it outside of on the balance of probabilities, which isn't enough to convict him in any case.

Granit Xhaka was in a similar situation & after a 2 year investigation which was kept pretty quiet, the charges were dropped. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Screenshot_20240109_131932_Chrome.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...LEARED-involvement-possible-betting-scam.html

Perhaps now the penny's dropped that he's no future here, Philips may look at the current Europa Conference League Champions differently?

A loan swap deal including Paqueta would suit both players imo. I'd still take the risk with him. Apparently the betting patterns are as suspicious as fuck, but there's fuck all hard evidence linking the player to it outside of on the balance of probabilities, which isn't enough to convict him in any case.

Granit Xhaka was in a similar situation & after a 2 year investigation which was kept pretty quiet, the charges were dropped. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

View attachment 103642

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...LEARED-involvement-possible-betting-scam.html
Doubtful in my mind, he's known that since last year and still didnt take them up in the summer/

Doubtful in my mind, he's known that since last year and still didnt take them up in the summer/
He was offered loan deals & told of clubs who wanted to buy him, & Rodri's early August interview made it clear he had no future here.

However, Philips cited Jack, Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo & others who had difficult first & second seasons at City & he believed he could turn things around.

Now Pep's come out & publicly made it clear Phillips isn't in his plans, & waistcoat made it clear Philips needs to be playing first team football to maintain his England squad place, the situation has massively changed.

Philips himself has now publicly said if he's not playing regularly by January, he'll be looking to play football elsewhere. Both Philips & City are where we are.

Philips needs to be playing, & if not for the betting scandal, Paqueta would be here. I think there's a deal to be done if City have confidence over Paqueta's eventual innocence.

He was offered loan deals & told of clubs who wanted to buy him, & Rodri's early August interview made it clear he had no future here.

However, Philips cited Jack, Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo & others who had difficult first & second seasons at City & he believed he could turn things around.

Now Pep's come out & publicly made it clear Phillips isn't in his plans, & waistcoat made it clear Philips needs to be playing first team football to maintain his England squad place, the situation has massively changed.

Philips himself has now publicly said if he's not playing regularly by January, he'll be looking to play football elsewhere. Both Philips & City are where we are.

Philips needs to be playing, & if not for the betting scandal, Paqueta would be here. I think there's a deal to be done if City have confidence over Paqueta's eventual innocence.
Reports from the west ham press are they no longer want him this window anyway, (new guy is taking over transfers) think its newcastle or stayin for the lad as it stands. Would love Paqueta though.

Reports from the west ham press are they no longer want him this window anyway, (new guy is taking over transfers) think its newcastle or stayin for the lad as it stands. Would love Paqueta though.
The new guy took over 18 months ago & immediate clashed with an under pressure Gollum who wanted immediate impact signings like Ward Prowse, whereby the new fella wanted future potential signings like Kudus.

Both have worked out for the Hammers, so much so that Moyes has gone from facing the sack, to rumours of a contract extension.

They were happy to sell Paqueta in August, & Moyes had a previous interest in Philips, who chose City instead.

Several reports stare that Paqueta still wants the move to City, & that City are still interested in the player.

Newcastle have FFP issues to resolve & have baulked at City wanting a £5m loan fee, with an obligation to buy in the summer for £40m.

Juvé only wanted Philips on a free loan & can't afford the loan fee City want. The Geordie's are apparently able to pay the loan fee, but want to hang on a couple of weeks to see if their injury crisis eases.

If it was up to me, I'd be looking to do a deal with Spam for Paqueta, with Philips going the other way. Philips & Ward Prowse in a midfield three is nothing to be sniffed at.

The new guy took over 18 months ago & immediate clashed with an under pressure Gollum who wanted immediate impact signings like Ward Prowse, whereby the new fella wanted future potential signings like Kudus.

Both have worked out for the Hammers, so much so that Moyes has gone from facing the sack, to rumours of a contract extension.

They were happy to sell Paqueta in August, & Moyes had a previous interest in Philips, who chose City instead.

Several reports stare that Paqueta still wants the move to City, & that City are still interested in the player.

Newcastle have FFP issues to resolve & have baulked at City wanting a £5m loan fee, with an obligation to buy in the summer for £40m.

Juvé only wanted Philips on a free loan & can't afford the loan fee City want. The Geordie's are apparently able to pay the loan fee, but want to hang on a couple of weeks to see if their injury crisis eases.

If it was up to me, I'd be looking to do a deal with Spam for Paqueta, with Philips going the other way. Philips & Ward Prowse in a midfield three is nothing to be sniffed at.
Steidten has been put in charge of transfers, he started his July. If it was up to us we'd all fire Phillips to them for Paqueta, just he doesnt wanna go and they dont want him. Hopefully that might change later the window goes on and everyone gets desperate.

Alvarez as well in the mix of that poss mid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.