It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Screenshot_20230410-144417_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230410-144327_Chrome.jpg
Douglas Luiz is running down his contract, with a free move to Arsenal in the summer being mooted. Apparently Villa want Philips as his replacement.

Personally I strongly believe Philips should be given a chance to prove himself at City. I saw enough in his last England appearance & his last few City appearances, where he looked like the busy, effervescent player who could pass & tackle that we thought we were getting.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...ity-star-kalvin-phillips-in-club-record-deal/

I’d like Phillips to get another season but I’m also in the camp of if we can get £50m for him maybe the club will cash in if Pep doesn’t think he’ll make it with us.

We still need cover for Rodri. If not Philips at £45m, then whom instead?

Luiz on a free? Use the £50m for Lavia to come back a year early and Southampton gain an extra £10m and Lavia could be a long term solution in an environment he already knows?

Luiz on a free? Use the £50m for Lavia to come back a year early and Southampton gain an extra £10m and Lavia could be a long term solution in an environment he already knows?
It's a romantic theory & Lavia has huge potential, but in the absence of Rodri I don't think Lavia is quite ready yet. Maybe in a couple of seasons, probably/possibly, but not right now imo.

So if we allowed Philips to leave for £50m, who can we get to replace him for the same money? Luiz on a free? Could he adequately replace Philips as competition/cover for Rodri? Why not?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.