It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It's a romantic theory & Lavia has huge potential, but in the absence of Rodri I don't think Lavia is quite ready yet. Maybe in a couple of seasons, probably/possibly, but not right now imo.

So if we allowed Philips to leave for £50m, who can we get to replace him for the same money? Luiz on a free? Could he adequately replace Philips as competition/cover for Rodri? Why not?

I think Luiz would be a great signing on a free , someone who also knows the club environment and was one we looked into bringing back with our buyback clause? Luiz would probably be ok with being a back up, playing in cup games and the last 10-15 minutes of games in a bigger club and champions league etc on a higher wage?

View attachment 74645
View attachment 74646
Douglas Luiz is running down his contract, with a free move to Arsenal in the summer being mooted. Apparently Villa want Philips as his replacement.

Personally I strongly believe Philips should be given a chance to prove himself at City. I saw enough in his last England appearance & his last few City appearances, where he looked like the busy, effervescent player who could pass & tackle that we thought we were getting.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...ity-star-kalvin-phillips-in-club-record-deal/
Mmm Villa tried to sell Jack to anyone but Us. They are of the levy mold. Sell them nothing or for an inflated fee if we must. Wankers.

Last edited:
It's a romantic theory & Lavia has huge potential, but in the absence of Rodri I don't think Lavia is quite ready yet. Maybe in a couple of seasons, probably/possibly, but not right now imo.

So if we allowed Philips to leave for £50m, who can we get to replace him for the same money? Luiz on a free? Could he adequately replace Philips as competition/cover for Rodri? Why not?

I would be all over Lavia if I was Burnley.

Think he will cost too much though and to be fair to him I can see him at a mid-table team next season easily, maybe even a Spurs or Newcastle.

Use the £50m for Lavia to come back a year early and Southampton gain an extra £10m and Lavia could be a long term solution in an environment he already knows
We won't get Lavia for 50m if Chelsea and Arsenal are snooping.
I don't know why we agreed to 2 years before the buyback clause kicks in.

We won't get Lavia for 50m if Chelsea and Arsenal are snooping.
I don't know why we agreed to 2 years before the buyback clause kicks in.

The hardest thing is finding someone unless there is an injury is happy to know they won’t play the big games because Rodri will be starting mate?

I think Luiz would be a great signing on a free , someone who also knows the club environment and was one we looked into bringing back with our buyback clause? Luiz would probably be ok with being a back up, playing in cup games and the last 10-15 minutes of games in a bigger club and champions league etc on a higher wage?
What we need is competition & cover for Rodri. We can't keep rinsing him out game after game, season after season.

I'm more than happy to keep faith with Philips, or if he wanted to leave to give Luiz an opportunity, but would Luiz want to come here to be a bit part player at the peak of his career?

Do City buy squad players anymore?

I agree about Lavia. To be honest I think he's better off not coming back to us yet as he's hardly going to play anyway.

However, Phillips' quality shouldn't be too hard to replace. Similar to Lavia, I don't think he's ready to step in for Rodri yet and whoever else we bring in would probably also struggle to fill that void. But there are plenty of players out there.

Mmm Villa tried to sell Jack to anyone but Us. They are of the levy mold. See them nothing or for an inflated fee if we must. Wankers.
I'd still rather keep faith with Philips. It's OK getting £50m for him, but how much would an adequate replacement cost & would that player be better than a fully fit Philips?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.