It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Wouldn't have the foggiest mate. The bottom line is that I didn't rate the Phillips signing at the time and there's nothing anyone can say to convince me that we couldn't have found more quality for the same price. So if we can get that money back from him I'm not going to complain.

As a disclaimer, I've got nothing against the guy and I'm happy for him to stay and hope he proves me wrong if he does.

But if a club like Villa were to offer around £50m for him then I think it could be beneficial for him and us.
It puts us back to the same problem before we signed him, we need backup & competition for Rodri. An injury to him & we're up to our necks in dudu...

View attachment 74645
View attachment 74646
Douglas Luiz is running down his contract, with a free move to Arsenal in the summer being mooted. Apparently Villa want Philips as his replacement.

Personally I strongly believe Philips should be given a chance to prove himself at City. I saw enough in his last England appearance & his last few City appearances, where he looked like the busy, effervescent player who could pass & tackle that we thought we were getting.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...ity-star-kalvin-phillips-in-club-record-deal/
Douglas luiz has signed a new contract with villa lol

I'd still rather keep faith with Philips. It's OK getting £50m for him, but how much would an adequate replacement cost & would that player be better than a fully fit Philips?
We all want our players to stay and thrive but his lack of playing time, injuries, weight issues has done him no favours. Lots of if but if we do get Bellingham and persist with stones in midfield then I can see him wanting to go. Hard to take pep playing a defender instead of a DM in a pivot role

All depends who leaves in the summer. It don’t look great but Ake is a perfect example of a player turning it around.

We all want our players to stay and thrive but his lack of playing time, injuries, weight issues has done him no favours. Lots of if but if we do get Bellingham and persist with stones in midfield then I can see him wanting to go. Hard to take pep playing a defender instead of a DM in a pivot role

All depends who leaves in the summer. It don’t look great but Ake is a perfect example of a player turning it around.
Apparently his weight issues were him coming back from the World Cup a couple of pounds over his optimum weight & it took a week for him to shift it.

We bought him recovering from injury & he suffered a setback before dislocating his shoulder. He's at a new club playing at a higher level where he has to fight for a place as opposed to being guaranteed to play as long as he was fit.

We've seen similar first season Blues with Cancelo, Gundog, Aké, Stones, Bernardo, Rodri & more recently Grealish. Good players don't turn bad overnight & imo Philips deserves a fair opportunity to impress & prove his worth.

Apparently his weight issues were him coming back from the World Cup a couple of pounds over his optimum weight & it took a week for him to shift it.

We bought him recovering from injury & he suffered a setback before dislocating his shoulder. He's at a new club playing at a higher level where he has to fight for a place as opposed to being guaranteed to play as long as he was fit.

We've seen similar first season Blues with Cancelo, Gundog, Aké, Stones, Bernardo, Rodri & more recently Grealish. Good players don't turn bad overnight & imo Philips deserves a fair opportunity to impress & prove his worth.
He definitely deserves another season. You can’t have enough good players imo. Seems a decent sort and the latter is why I expect pep to give him time. We have a small squad anyway.

The concensus on here appears to be Tommy Doyle is not up to the role of being Rodri's backup. So it would be better for all if Tommy played 30 odd games in the PL for SUFC. But if we buy someone like McCalister for the CDM role and for serious money it would block Tommy out of the squad. If I'm over rating TD, can someone explain what his weaknesses are ? To me he looks the real deal

The concensus on here appears to be Tommy Doyle is not up to the role of being Rodri's backup. So it would be better for all if Tommy played 30 odd games in the PL for SUFC. But if we buy someone like McCalister for the CDM role and for serious money it would block Tommy out of the squad. If I'm over rating TD, can someone explain what his weaknesses are ? To me he looks the real deal

We already bought Perrone when we knew Kalvin would not be a long term solution.

The questions to be asked is what Pep thinks of Perrone and when will he have the physicality to play in the PL?

We already bought Perrone when we knew Kalvin would not be a long term solution.

The questions to be asked is what Pep thinks of Perrone and when will he have the physicality to play in the PL?
Perrone is a 8 not a 6. Pep already said he sees him as a player to play inbetween the lines like David silva. anyway probably pep will try to integrate perrone during the next pre-season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.