It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The concensus on here appears to be Tommy Doyle is not up to the role of being Rodri's backup. So it would be better for all if Tommy played 30 odd games in the PL for SUFC. But if we buy someone like McCalister for the CDM role and for serious money it would block Tommy out of the squad. If I'm over rating TD, can someone explain what his weaknesses are ? To me he looks the real deal
when did he become a dm ?

when did he become a dm ?
He's playing in tonight's game, BFC v SUFC, I'm going to watch it and ill scrutinise Tommy's role and performance, however based on the FA cup against Wrexham it looked to me like he plays in the same position as Rodri. One thing for sure, Tommy gets around the pitch a lot quicker than Rodri whose lack of real pace is the only attribute that's stops him from being the best CDM on the planet...

He's playing in tonight's game, BFC v SUFC, I'm going to watch it and ill scrutinise Tommy's role and performance, however based on the FA cup against Wrexham it looked to me like he plays in the same position as Rodri. One thing for sure, Tommy gets around the pitch a lot quicker than Rodri whose lack of real pace is the only attribute that's stops him from being the best CDM on the planet...
not tommy ,maccallister

Rodri whose lack of real pace is the only attribute that's stops him from being the best CDM on the planet...
Any footballing opinion you have is completely null and void if you actually believe this.

If Tommy Doyle is good enough for City, then he will be here next season. 99.9% chance he is not and hopefully Sheff Utd go up and give us a nice 15-20m and a sell on clause.

Any footballing opinion you have is completely null and void if you actually believe this.

If Tommy Doyle is good enough for City, then he will be here next season. 99.9% chance he is not and hopefully Sheff Utd go up and give us a nice 15-20m and a sell on clause.
Pace is only one attribute of any player, Rodri has everything else, he's technically brilliant, strong as an ox, great vision and decision making is superb. However if you think he's fast then you must watch at x2 speed, if he gets caught out of position he rarely recovers using speed in the way that eg Fernandinho used to. That's was my only point, I wasn't suggesting TD was his match in any other department.

Pace is only one attribute of any player, Rodri has everything else, he's technically brilliant, strong as an ox, great vision and decision making is superb. However if you think he's fast then you must watch at x2 speed, if he gets caught out of position he rarely recovers using speed in the way that eg Fernandinho used to. That's was my only point, I wasn't suggesting TD was his match in any other department.
Rodri is the best DMF player in Europe, end of story.

And by extension the best in the world, let's be honest. Don't really care if people think it's disrespectful - if anyone in South America or Asia was as good as him, they would be here instead of there.
Not going to argue with that, he is simply an outstanding player, we are very lucky to be seeing him in our shirt and in his prime.

And the best thing of all for me, he gets the club, he has become one of us.

The strength in our squad is the players tactical flexibility.

We dont want a rodri back up. A rodri back up doesnt play because rodri is the best around.

We need a 6/8 hybrid like gundo was at the start for city. Where he rotated silva and fern.

Since silva left hes moved into the 8 full time to be the creator/tempo maker and hasnt rotated into the 6 because rodri has been so good, but also because he doesnt have the legs for a 6 in our team.

Having a pure rodri back up in phillips is a waste because he cant play elsewhere so sits on the bench because every game is must win.

Can bellingham be a 6/8 rotator?
Is mac allister better placed?
Can rice do it?

Whoever we sign needs to be able to do both.

Then if bernardo leaves we also need a wing/8 rotator which feels like foden now grealish is improving his goal involvement.

So then you replace bernardo with a winger/striker

Huge transfer iterations this summer depending on who leaves

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.