It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

As I posted above, he basically has 16 games to resurrect his domestic career, and that number may be smaller depending on his match sharpness and West Ham's circumstances. I'm actually surprised this deal wasn't finalised before the window opened, as we evidently wanted him out and West Ham have already had four games this month (zero wins) in which they could have used him.
They were all hoping they could lowball us late in the window, including Newcastle and Juve.
We didn’t blink.

With only 89 minutes of League football played this season, and the last of those back on November 4, I'd be surprised if Moyes views him as ready to start; they also have a couple of tricky games coming up, which might make it hard for him to get an immediate starting berth. Looking ahead, West Ham are out of all tournaments bar the League so only have 17 games left, one of which is against us (presumably he won't play in that). As I say, for us to get anyone to pay 40 million for him in the summer, he's going to have to get into the starting eleven and excel there for a run of at least 10 games. It's up to him.
Aren't WHU still in the Europa League too?

If West ham had to sell, they wouldn’t loan out Paqueta.
They wouldn't want to, but would City want to do a deal for a returning player who can play CDM to cover Philips, & do a summer deal where we just give them £40m & call it evens?

It's the deal I'd be proposing. Swap both players now & give WHU their £7m loan fee back, with the make weight balance paid in July.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.