It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The sheer number of current players mentioned (8) plus those that we cannot shift for money (2) underlines just how much work and just how difficult the job of squad development is. There’s just no way that we’ll get everything done in the one summer.

Irrespective of where the trophies land, I think the last two seasons will be a learning experience for those in charge and they will appreciate that they need to plan better for the transition. One bad buy (Phillips) can have a knock on effect that is still felt even after they have left.
I honestly believe Pep & Txiki will be on it this summer. ArseAnal haven't been near us in years, however this season they've two wins & a draw after only really adding Declan Rice.

We've gotta do much much better imo.

A certain Argentine I suppose?
Was my immediate thought but they have Mbappe and Endrick going there.

Bernado is a steal at 50m but they are so deep in the midfield.

Can’t see it being Cancelo as he’s very pro Barca. But it could be.

I’d have a sneaky bet on Ortega or even Dias.

I honestly believe Pep & Txiki will be on it this summer. ArseAnal haven't been near us in years, however this season they've two wins & a draw after only really adding Declan Rice.

We've gotta do much much better imo.
The games against Arsenal have been getting closer since Arteta went there. The score lines and results have largely been in our favour, of course, but the balance of play within games has been closing. The euphoria amongst our players when we won both last season was evidence that they know these games are vital.

As I said above, the work that needs to be done is considerable but only some of it can be achieved this summer. Adding Paqueta and Neves for me would be enough but only if we don't lose established players. The effect of losing Gundogan and Mahrez should make people think twice about losing Bernardo/de Bruyne/Walker. No amount of money can immediately compensate what they bring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.