It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It's not going to happen but I wouldn't be surprised to see Madrid enquiring about Foden.

Bellingham, Camavinga and Foden in midfield with Mbappe, Vinicious/Endrick and Rodrigo going forward.

I want Valverde and Rodrygo.. we need a DM and a secondary striker/ winger to play with Haaland.

Rodrygo may become available as they're adding endrick and mbappe, but valverde hmm that'll be tough!

Rodrygo may become available as they're adding endrick and mbappe, but valverde hmm that'll be tough!
Rodrygo won't leave Madrid. He was bred to play for it from birth by his father. He would rather stay on the bench than move. He is too devoted to Madrid because he was natured and indoctrinated, that if you do not play for Madrid, then you are a failure. To his eyes and his father's eyes, the is no other team except Madrid. But, maybe he will see the light or likely not.

I think that’s why we are seeing reports of Pep wanting Bruno because he’s confident he could step in immediately. Same with Paqueta. Nice to see links to Kimmich as well. Would like the same quality player at RW to replace Mahrez properly like you say.

I think with Bernie any leave will be amicable and probably because of the constant uncertainty that’s why the release clause has gone in. We know he’s gone unless he changes his mind which we’d then know going into the window.

Think Neves makes sense for the next 10 years but some, maybe Pep, want players in that can make an immediate impact.
Neves seems a worthwhile risk. There's something special about the kid which I like. I fully understand our interest in Paqueta & Guimarães. As for Kimmich, personally I'm uncertain he could play a lone CDM in the PL, & his age is also a concern.

Bernie's future just needs to resolved either way. We'd all love him to stay, but the constant will he/won't he does my head in every summer.

I'm pretty sure Pep & Txiki have a serious plan for us. We're not too far away from being back to full squad strength, but having said that, I think we're also not too far away from being pulled back into the chasing pack as we've seen this season.

The games against Arsenal have been getting closer since Arteta went there. The score lines and results have largely been in our favour, of course, but the balance of play within games has been closing. The euphoria amongst our players when we won both last season was evidence that they know these games are vital.

As I said above, the work that needs to be done is considerable but only some of it can be achieved this summer. Adding Paqueta and Neves for me would be enough but only if we don't lose established players. The effect of losing Gundogan and Mahrez should make people think twice about losing Bernardo/de Bruyne/Walker. No amount of money can immediately compensate what they bring.
Agreed that ArseAnal have been closing the gap, but considering we were in the running for three trophies & they only had the league to go for, we still had what it took to pull clear. However, this season's been distinctly different.

This is why I think this will be a pivotal summer for City. Who we keep will be as important as who we target, as both are inextricably linked.

Agreed that ArseAnal have been closing the gap, but considering we were in the running for three trophies & they only had the league to go for, we still had what it took to pull clear. However, this season's been distinctly different.

This is why I think this will be a pivotal summer for City. Who we keep will be as important as who we target, as both are inextricably linked.
I'm still smarting from losing to them in the FA Cup during lockdown. That would have knocked Arteta back longer and given him less in the bank with the club/fans the year after.

I think everyone knows the one area that needs strengthening; we just need to get it right this time.

Alvarez & Couto
couto definitely, they been linked with him this season heavily. don't think they can afford alvarez, we would ask like 125-150m for sure and they prolly already will spend around 200m this summer, if anything it could be a swap deal, but most likely not

couto definitely, they been linked with him this season heavily. don't think they can afford alvarez, we would ask like 125-150m for sure and they prolly already will spend around 200m this summer, if anything it could be a swap deal, but most likely not

We won't ask that much for Alvarez.

More like £60m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.