It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It would be a disappointing transfer window, especially when there is such a clear necessity of a 6/8 that can play with Rodri and give him rest. Also, KDB should be worse than last season, Bernardo had his worst season and it's getting older, Nunez doesn't seem to be at our level. Rodri and Foden are the only midfielder that I expect to play at last season level or even better. I feel this is a glaring omission.

And I think our defense needs an agile CB/RB that can compete with Walker and be part of the rotation in case Stones has another injured season + Ake can also be injury prone + Walker declining + Dias not having his best season. Only with Akanji and Gvardiol (and Ake if he is healthy), I have zero doubts that they will be close or even better to the level they had last season.
KxseCTOPVykYvG2V4R.gif

Issue would be winning the ball in the air in the centre of the park. Rodri rarely misses a header. Fernandinho was also excellent in that regard. I’d like us to buy a player who can do that for us when Rodri isn’t playing.
His skillset is unique. Finding a player as skilled on the deck and in the air is very, very difficult. Of course, having John Stones alongside Bernie and Kova, and others, could mitigate that. I wouldn't be surprised to see false 9 creeping back in this season.

Attachments

• lineup (1).png
    lineup (1).png
    132 KB · Views: 28
  • lineup (2).png
    lineup (2).png
    127.9 KB · Views: 28
  • lineup (3).png
    lineup (3).png
    127.9 KB · Views: 28
We need that hybrid midfielder
Jack Grealish opens up on drunken dig at Newcastle star as he issues apology

These two will have that role this season, mainly Jackie boy.

We need that hybrid midfielder
We do, but whose out there that's attainable and would improve us. Bruno is good but massively overpriced. Kimmich been a great player, but is on massive money and at 29 could himself need replacing in 18month to two years time. Maybe the club just see no value in the market for what we need. Can't keep throwing money at players that ain't up to it i.e Phillips and Nunes. Hopefully Rico can step up and get more minutes.

I think/hope that you can switch Bernie, Rico, Jack and Kova to the central midfield positions.
RB will be Walker/Akanji
That would leave the wingers as Bobb, Doku, and Savinho with N'dala as a cup option.
I put them in their natural positions before Peps magic ;-)

we all know several can play anywhere but the purpose is to find where we are in need most which is cover for rodders

I put them in their natural positions before Peps magic ;-)

we all know several can play anywhere but the purpose is to find where we are in need most which is cover for rodders
I think Rico is a better central player than right back. I certainly prefer Bernie central to wide, and I hope Jack is used there too - I suspect he will also be better there than operating as a winger. Still, all remains to be seen.

We do, but whose out there that's attainable and would improve us. Bruno is good but massively overpriced. Kimmich been a great player, but is on massive money and at 29 could himself need replacing in 18month to two years time. Maybe the club just see no value in the market for what we need. Can't keep throwing money at players that ain't up to it i.e Phillips and Nunes. Hopefully Rico can step up and get more minutes.

Zubamendi would have been a great choice imo but he seems to have a fear of leaving Spain?

I think Rico is a better central player than right back. I certainly prefer Bernie central to wide, and I hope Jack is used there too - I suspect he will also be better there than operating as a winger. Still, all remains to be seen.
I have advocated grealisj playing inside all last season would be happy.to see him play behind Haaland with Phil, berny.or kev and doku left savinho right wings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.