It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

pep wants bruno, allegedly.
sacha-baron-cohen-tank-bruno-17.jpg

Good article on Bruno's time OL, where he played in a double pivot, as well as a number 8. And alongside Paqueta.

I definitely think he'd solve a few problems I've picked up on, and open things up for a future where we rely less on KDB as prime creator. We've seen Rodri push all the way up, he's often fantastic, but TBH we've also seen how his size and stature mean opponents can surround him. Bruno seems halfway between KDB and Rodri. As Foden doesn't drop deep like KDB (when playing as the most advanced central MF), then it makes sense to have someone who is uber comfortable doing that.

Which guy?
Paqueta. Hard to make it clear but there's two scenarios in my head. One, City make an offer. We can't offer much, we have Paqueta in mind as well. Two, their turn to deliver a counter offer, or stick to their guns. If we don't like it, then they have to consider that having Paqueta lined up makes it all the easier to walk, as we have done in the past.

TBH I was going cold on Paqueta but I'm warmer now. He and Bruno would be expensive but they've already proven they can work together. They would offer us massive flexibility in the centre which has been up held together by Bernie-shaped sticking plasters for years. I think they would be a sure fire investment for the next 5+ years.

Lazy scouting on both Paqueta and Bruno G. Could’ve got both for £80m, but let them go to other premier league clubs. Neither are worth the fees being quoted. Unless we can somehow offload Nunes and Phillips to cushion the blow.

Lazy scouting on both Paqueta and Bruno G. Could’ve got both for £80m, but let them go to other premier league clubs. Neither are worth the fees being quoted. Unless we can somehow offload Nunes and Phillips to cushion the blow.
Funny thing, we were linked and had an interest in both of them 3-4 seasons ago, whilst at OL but we never pulled the trigger!

Funny thing, we were linked and had an interest in both of them 3-4 seasons ago, whilst at OL but we never pulled the trigger!
Spending 45-50m on them back then is quite different to spending 80m on them now (if indeed we do). In terms of value and expectation. The club know what they are doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.