It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Villa, prodigal son returns to give his CL experience to his boyhood club. Maybe even a swap deal with Bruno.
What? We wouldn't want to sell Jack, Bruno is a Newcastle player, and Newcastle can't afford to do swap deals because they need to bring in the money for FFP purposes.

I'm not sure, Villa wanted the PSR loss limit to be increased after posting heavy losses - even with CL football, I'm not sure they will be big spenders.
ffs going to be a Barca loan isn't it. I hope its all just bs, ever since he's joined i've been wanting to see him given a go in mid maybe with the Paqueta move all but off Pep can work his magic of finding the answers within.

What? We wouldn't want to sell Jack, Bruno is a Newcastle player, and Newcastle can't afford to do swap deals because they need to bring in the money for FFP purposes.
Just brainstorming! After comments from closely connected people suggested he may be off.

The problem we might have with both Olise and Eze is not so much the fee but rather whether they could transplant to Manchester. We might find ourselves in a similar situation to the one we faced with Rice last summer: chasing a player all summer who had little intention of ever leaving London. No matter what we can offer them, some people just prefer to stay in and around London. Olise had problems settling with us before and that may not have changed.

That’s true mate but Olise was only quite young at the time and if the red top media are to believed then he would move to the rags so why not us? Eze has the nuts imo but it does seem Olmo is the choice and if that’s the case then our medical team do seem to be able to sort players issues out ala Gundo?

Hope Jack stays. Brilliant player and personality.

One thing I noticed in the InsideCity video from the title win was him staying behind to do a bleep test and a lot of the coaching staff stood in the distance likely taking notes.

Maybe feels he has something to prove!

That’s true mate but Olise was only quite young at the time and if the red top media are to believed then he would move to the rags so why not us? Eze has the nuts imo but it does seem Olmo is the choice and if that’s the case then our medical team do seem to be able to sort players issues out ala Gundo?
On the first point, perhaps, but Arsenal, Chelsea, and Spurs will all be looking at these players as well, and, just like Rice, the pull of remaining in London with family and friends will be strong. I also suspect that Palace will not want to lose both either, so I’m not anticipating seeing them in M11.
As for Olmo, that is a signing that looks fraught with difficulties, and for every Gundogan there are many more cases where medical science is stymied.

On the first point, perhaps, but Arsenal, Chelsea, and Spurs will all be looking at these players as well, and, just like Rice, the pull of remaining in London with family and friends will be strong. I also suspect that Palace will not want to lose both either, so I’m not anticipating seeing them in M11.
As for Olmo, that is a signing that looks fraught with difficulties, and for every Gundogan there are many more cases where medical science is stymied.

Both seemingly have release clauses mate? Olise rumoured to be £65m and Eze £85m

Both seemingly have release clauses mate? Olise rumoured to be £65m and Eze £85m
Palace fans seem to feel that neither transfer would be straightforward.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this summer saw considerably less transfer business than usual, including from us. People might be disappointed if the only incomings were Savio, Couto, and McAtee, but if other clubs are also restricted in their business and we don’t lose anyone from the current squad, then maybe that would actually be a good window for us. It could also be that the existing players know we are not seeking to spend big on incomings, which is why they are seeking to improve their own contract positions.

Pretty sure that scenario wont appeal to you, however. ;-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.