It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Palace fans seem to feel that neither transfer would be straightforwar.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this summer saw considerably less transfer business than usual, including from us. People might be disappointed if the only incomings were Savio, Couto, and McAtee, but if other clubs are also restricted in their business and we don’t lose anyone from the current squad, then maybe that would actually be a good window for us. It could also be that the existing players know we are not seeking to spend big on incomings, which is why they are seeking to improve their own contract positions.

Pretty sure that scenario wont appeal to you, however. ;-)

Stand still you go backwards mate, we surely have no PSR issues and expect to sell a load more youngsters, fringe players and loan players this summer plus maybe Bernardo? If just doing Bruno and Savio helps the squad?

Stand still you go backwards mate, we surely have no PSR issues and expect to sell a load more youngsters, fringe players and loan players this summer plus maybe Bernardo? If just doing Bruno and Savio helps the squad?
You’re only standing still if the others are all moving forward, and we can only sell a load of youngsters if other clubs have the money to spend, which very many do not; similarly, we are already struggling to shift Phillips and Cancelo and that situation won’t change.

I could be wrong, of course, but it feels as if the circumstances are going to be different this summer for all clubs and expectations might need to be dampened accordingly.

Last edited:
You’re only standing still if the others are all moving forward, and we can only sell a load of youngsters if other clubs have the money to spend, which very many do not; similarly, we are already struggling to shift Phillips and Cancelo and that situation won’t change.

I could be wrong, of course, but it feels as if the circumstances are going to be different this summer for anll clubs and expectations might need to be dampened accordingly.

Josh Kronke has already said Arsenal will invest again to improve and push to win everything so they will get better even with someone like Toney or Isak? Saudi are looking at a few of their players like Partey and fringe lads so they may get big cash there? With others having tighter financial issues now is the time we can smack it home imo before rulings change again probably next summer if the vote goes through

I could be wrong, of course, but it feels as if the circumstances are going to be different this summer for anll clubs and expectations might need to be dampened accordingly.

It's all thanks to Chelsea for completely fucking up the market prices, any decent player for Premier League player from now on is commanding very high fees (Except in few cases of low RC) thanks to this lot.

Last edited:
I'm not sure we need too much. We brought a few in last year who have shown real improvement: Gvardiol, Kovacic and Doku. We have the continued development of Rico Lewis and Oscar Bobb. We also have, I hope, the blossoming of Nunes, who offers real athleticism in the centre of the pitch, and I am hopeful that he will really show his quality next year.
Departures will be what creates the need for additions, but I take Bernardo's potential move as an opportunity for Oscar. I am not sure that anyone else in the first-team squad is likely to move on. The one position is CDM, but who do you find of absolute world-class willing to compete with Rodri? Perhaps a like-for-like is not feasible, so a player like Guimaraes becomes an option.

Last edited:
Okay, but if we assume Phillips, Cancelo, Gomes are the ones we want to leave, we can bring 3 in. Any more in will be if other players leave, are there any players you think will and want to leave to make room? Other than Bernardo who most would rather stay.

Josh Kronke has already said Arsenal will invest again to improve and push to win everything so they will get better even with someone like Toney or Isak? Saudi are looking at a few of their players like Partey and fringe lads so they may get big cash there? With others having tighter financial issues now is the time we can smack it home imo before rulings change again probably next summer if the vote goes through
The only player I would be upset to miss out on would be Neves.

Okay, but if we assume Phillips, Cancelo, Gomes are the ones we want to leave, we can bring 3 in. Any more in will be if other players leave, are there any players you think will and want to leave to make room? Other than Bernardo who most would rather stay.
assuming we run with a full squad of 25 which is also highly unlikely.

I think there maybe a surprise move mate, Alvarez maybe? Walker?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.