It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Would help if Alonso comes as well wouldn’t it? Knows the manager and the style? I would normally say that it’s too big a job for a younger manager but look at the season he just had? Nearly done a treble himself and almost went a whole season unbeaten!
Think its clear that Pep is leaving at the end of next season. Id be hugely suprised if there is not a short list already. and Id be very suprised if Alonso and De Zerbi are not on that list. ......

Personally I think I would prefer Alonso...more balanced style of play......strong going forward and strong at the back....think De Zerbi as exciting as his football is, is also a risk.

Im sure there are others who would want someone like Kompany but Id wait a few years for him as he needs to gain experience.....really odd that Bayern have gone for him...hope he does well of course but he is very inexperienced....then again so was Alonso

Think its clear that Pep is leaving at the end of next season. Id be hugely suprised if there is not a short list already. and Id be very suprised if Alonso and De Zerbi are not on that list. ......

Personally I think I would prefer Alonso...more balanced style of play......strong going forward and strong at the back....think De Zerbi as exciting as his football is, is also a risk.

Im sure there are others who would want someone like Kompany but Id wait a few years for him as he needs to gain experience.....really odd that Bayern have gone for him...hope he does well of course but he is very inexperienced....then again so was Alonso

Alonso proved himself last season more than Vinny didn’t he though? I personally also don’t think it’s always a great idea for club playing legends to take over the manager job unless they are Pep level? It pretty much tends to go wrong and warps the relationship a bit? Pep also wanted Alonso as his assistant when Arteta left didn’t he?

Alonso proved himself last season more than Vinny didn’t he though? I personally also don’t think it’s always a great idea for club playing legends to take over the manager job unless they are Pep level? It pretty much tends to go wrong and warps the relationship a bit? Pep also wanted Alonso as his assistant when Arteta left didn’t he?
agreed...not sure about Alonso as assistant bit for Pep..dont remember hearing that but you could be right.
Agree on the club legend bit - its sentiment based and that rarely works out.
Alonso did prove himself....thats what i said.....lets see how he goes next season and if he can replicate it.

De Zerbi seems too abrasive to be a City manager.

Alonso would be highly unlikely, given his playing clubs.

Maybe he just didn’t feel Brighton were serious about pushing on mate? He’d have the best of the best here? Must be frustrating having some cracking players and them being sold every summer?

Maybe he just didn’t feel Brighton were serious about pushing on mate? He’d have the best of the best here? Must be frustrating having some cracking players and them being sold every summer?
He injured most of his squad in training.

Xavi would be a better fit imho.

While I agree about Xabi Alonso having a deep love for the dips; Vincent Kompany taking over Bayern Munich after all the shit that has gone in recent years is the otherside of the coin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.