It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Are we really talking about replacing the best midfielder in Pre over league history with Guimaraes, yesterday it was Grealish to replace KDB, how depressing
No, we aren't. Bruno would be to replace Gundogan, who we never replaced. Luckily we already have an in-house replacement for KDB, hopefully you know who that is. Not like-for-like mind you, but you don't get an exact replica of a talent like KDB. He's the greatest midfielder to ever grace the prem.

Some of the names being mentioned here are very underwhelming and show a concerning lack of ambition. We had a terrible last few transfer windows and made some big mistakes lately, we should be dining at the top table not scraping the bucket.

Davies, Branthwaite, Van de Ven, Neves, Wirtz, Oodegard, Musiala, Isak, Watkins are the names we should be looking at not DCL FFS.
100% this, I keep saying we seem to be buying average and if we keep on this path we will become average. On your list I would most like to see Branthwaite Wirtz and Musiala

Not sure why people are suggesting Eze. Doesn't he primarily play as an attacking midfielder (where we are stacked) or on the left (where we are also stacked). Makes no sense to me. If we really want a Palace player, than surely we need someone on the right, like Olise? I don't think Eze is all that at all. Doesn't start for us, and the release clause is 68m quid. I would rather pay a bit more and get someone better or wait till next summer.

As some suggested, we need to stop buying average. We need quality, so players who could start for us. 1 or 2 is enough without any major outgoings, and then let's see who leaves next season.

Last edited:
Not sure why people are suggesting Eze. Doesn't he primarily play as an attacking midfielder (where we are stacked) or on the left (where we are also stacked). Makes no sense to me. If we really want a Palace player, than surely we need someone on the right, like Olise? I don't think Eze is all that at all. Doesn't start for us, and the release clause is 68m quid. I would rather pay a bit more and get someone better or wait till next summer.

As some suggested, we need to stop buying average. We need quality, so players who could start for us. 1 or 2 is enough without any major outgoings, and then let's see who leaves next season.
Eze is still a million times better than Olmo - we just won’t get the names some mention on here this window.

Reactions: nmc
Eze is still a million times better than Olmo - we just won’t get the names some mention on here this window.
Eze is almost 70m quid, Olmo is 50. The problem with guys likes Eze is that if we spend 70m quid on him, he will start, and he is simply not good enough. I would rather not buy anyone at all and wait one summer. Someone will be unhappy at Real Madrid (Rodrygo?), Wirtz and Musiala will be on the move, etc. I don't see how we need AMC/AML right now. We have Jack and Jeremy, and one of them is not getting the minutes as it is. In the middle, we already have all these players competing for minutes as well. Foden, KDB, Bernardo, Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes, Rico, Alvarez even, and allegedly Oscar Bobb is also seen as a AMC. We need a RW (if anything), not Eze. The priority should be a DM, though. That's the one and only priority, IMO.

Eze is almost 70m quid, Olmo is 50. The problem with guys likes Eze is that if we spend 70m quid on him, he will start, and he is simply not good enough. I would rather not buy anyone at all and wait one summer. Someone will be unhappy at Real Madrid (Rodrygo?), Wirtz and Musiala will be on the move, etc. I don't see how we need AMC/AML right now. We have Jack and Jeremy, and one of them is not getting the minutes as it is. In the middle, we already have all these players competing for minutes as well. Foden, KDB, Bernardo, Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes, Rico, Alvarez even, and allegedly Oscar Bobb is also seen as a AMC. We need a RW (if anything), not Eze. The priority should be a DM, though. That's the one and only priority, IMO.

Eze for 60m buyout he is great on the ball technically to. Honestly though no idea if we in for him..

Eze for 60m buyout he is great on the ball technically to. Honestly though no idea if we in for him..
it's 60+8, so 68. For a squad player in a position we don't really need. That's just clogging up the squad even more, IMO. Also, I just remembered we have Savio coming in, so we don't really need a RW either.

Without major outgoings, I would look into bringing a DM. Neves or Bruno G, and then let's wait and see if anyone world-class is available, or if we lose a major player (hopefully not).

it's 60+8, so 68. For a squad player in a position we don't really need. That's just clogging up the squad even more, IMO. Also, I just remembered we have Savio coming in, so we don't really need a RW either.

Without major outgoings, I would look into bringing a DM. Neves or Bruno G, and then let's wait and see if anyone world-class is available, or if we lose a major player (hopefully not).

Yeah think Savio Bruno and Frimpong would be enough players coming in if we can get them for the grand sum of around 150m-ish

Are we really talking about replacing the best midfielder in Pre over league history with Guimaraes, yesterday it was Grealish to replace KDB, how depressing
No, Foden is KDB s replacement we already know that and have seen it,Guimaraes or Whoever, for Gundogan. The player we will replace KDB with will do what until now Foded has done sometimes play wide occasionally play central.
Nothing depressing at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.