It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We need to sign world class players or players who have the potential to be wc. Anything below that is mediocrity that will only hold us back. It's very simple. And no, not every purchase has to be a 100M+, that's not what I mean. We are not Real Madrid and I am glad.
But you don't have to break the market to find bargains, we've done it in the past more than once. Eze is a good league player, I have nothing against him but this is the signing Tottenham should probably make, not Manchester City. If we don't want to break the bank, at his price I would go for example after Nico Williams, I think he's going to be a star and has a release clause. I'd try to get a deal done with Paris for Xavi Simons, he doesn't seem that keen to go back there. Frimpomg is a deal we have to make, huge potential and a low release clause. I would try to do everything to get Alphonso Davis. I know there are reports that he wants Real, but they are not ready to pay the price that Bayern ask, and maybe City's project will be interesting enough for him to join. If Bernardo or Kevin really do leave and we have the cash as well I would go all in for Neves, Musiala, Zaire Emery, Wirtz type of players - young with WC potential.

Real Madrid is building one of the strongest teams we have seen in recent years in Europe. If we see ourselves as their direct rival for European control, and we have to aim there, then we can't be satisfied with signing squad players for 70-80 million pounds, it doesn't make sense. We already have Bobb, Lewis, Nuñez, Kovacic, Gomez, Alvarez, Greliash/ Doku, Savio (?) Philips (?) and as far as I'm concerned, every other available spot, bring players from the academy.

Last edited:
anyone who thinks savio will stay at girona for upcoming season is silly. was standout player in la liga last season with bellingham, looks more polished that doku imo. can’t see eze happening unless we get rid of grealish or alvarez. bruno g and savio would be a great transfer window, gives us more balance and depth

We need to sign world class players or players who have the potential to be wc. Anything below that is mediocrity that will only hold us back. It's very simple. And no, not every purchase has to be a 100M+, that's not what I mean. We are not Real Madrid and I am glad.
But you don't have to break the market to find bargains, we've done it in the past more than once. Eze is a good league player, I have nothing against him but this is the signing Tottenham should probably make, not Manchester City. If we don't want to break the bank, at his price I would go for example after Nico Williams, I think he's going to be a star and has a release clause. I'd try to get a deal done with Paris for Xavi Simons, he doesn't seem that keen to go back there. Frimpomg is a deal we have to make, huge potential and a low release clause. I would try to do everything to get Alphonso Davis. I know there are reports that he wants Real, but they are not ready to pay the price that Bayern ask, and maybe City's project will be interesting enough for him to join. If Bernardo or Kevin really do leave and we have the cash as well I would go all in for Neves, Musiala, Zaire Emery, Wirtz type of players - young with WC potential.

Real Madrid is building one of the strongest teams we have seen in recent years in Europe. If we see ourselves as their direct rival for European control, and we have to aim there, then we can't be satisfied with signing squad players for 70-80 million pounds, it doesn't make sense. We already have Bobb, Lewis, Nuñez, Kovacic, Gomez, Alvarez, Greliash/ Doku, Savio (?) Philips (?) and as far as I'm concerned, every other available spot, bring players from the academy.
Madrid would take a few of those highlighted in bold and they would walk into most top teams in Europe

Madrid would take a few of those highlighted in bold and they would walk into most top teams in Europe
I have no doubt about it! I did not mean that they are not good players, they are all very good players for the rotation, my intention was that we have enough good players for the rotation. We need players who will improve us, who will enter our lineup or potentially succeed our senior players who will leave (KDB, Bernardo, Walker..).

We just need the same people that have built out squad for the last 10 years to carry on building our squad using the same methods and targeting players with the profile we need this summer and any coming summers. No need to start copying or worrying about other clubs. Anyone not trusting our set up now after the last few years,never will.

Savio and Bruno G will be the incomings this window if I had to guess - assuming we don't lose any big names. Also wouldn't be surprised if Bobb and Lewis got loaned out so they can get more minutes.

Next summer is where City should flex the financial muscle. Musiala, Wirtz, Rodrygo, Joao Neves, and likely some other players not even on our radar yet could all be available.

ezequiel fernandez is a player I'd like to see fsg take a interest in instead of paying £100 million for him in a year or two a move to girona would be nice :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.