It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

But we were going to sign Paqueta anyway mate?
i don’t get it, everyone said city will buy paqueta if he won’t get in trouble.

after the news about the charges, it was suddenly oh but city won’t buy a paqueta/paqueta replacement unless bernardo leaves. weird.

after the news about the charges, it was suddenly oh but city won’t buy a paqueta/paqueta replacement unless bernardo leaves. weird.
No, we will sign somebody .Some people said we will sign Paqueta and somebody else, that was never possible or needed it was always Paqueta OR somebody else. Now we are on somebody else.
Unless Bernardo leaves maybe thats much less likely than some thought a few months ago when they were saying 2 players.

Think we will bring in at least one midfielder this summer, but the market is really odd because of PSR rules, so I guess there is a lot of cat and mouse going on to try and get the best deals for their clubs.

There seems to be a secondary deadline day of 30 June, so as that date approaches, there’ll probably be more movement.

Agreed! The good folk on here have explained the squad spaces etc but considering we have been told we work a window in advance then it’s surprising that we don’t seem more prepared etc?

Agreed! The good folk on here have explained the squad spaces etc but considering we have been told we work a window in advance then it’s surprising that we don’t seem more prepared etc?

Some summers we are very slick, clear who we want and get them early. Last year we missed out on Bellingham and 5hen Paqueta and then looked a little chaotic. Too soon to say how this summer will go. We seem to be weighing up options at the moment. Cover and support for Rodri would seem the priority which is why Bruno is key. Whomever we sign must be able to perform - we can’t have another Phillips scenario

Some summers we are very slick, clear who we want and get them early. Last year we missed out on Bellingham and 5hen Paqueta and then looked a little chaotic. Too soon to say how this summer will go. We seem to be weighing up options at the moment. Cover and support for Rodri would seem the priority which is why Bruno is key. Whomever we sign must be able to perform - we can’t have another Phillips scenario
For me, we are overthinking it sometimes. I get that we are trying to get the best deal possible, but somehow its costly. If we don't pay the 100m for Bruno or Neves, we will still end up paying 60-70-80m for an alternative that can (it happened to us last summer and other times as well) turn out to be way inferior. We must have known about Brunos release clause for months, so why have we targeted him if we are not willing to trigger it? It sounds risky to me to rely on negotiating, knowing full well Newcastle would be reluctant to enter negotiations for one of their star-players.

I am all for getting the best deal, but if there is only 1 or 2 players out there available that we absolutely need right now, surely it's not worth the risk? Thank goodness we closed the Gvardiol deal last summer, but it was close as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.